According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “India Beer Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the India beer market size reached INR 383.6 Billion in 2022. Beer is an alcoholic beverage manufactured by the fermentation of cereal grains, such as barley, wheat, or corn, and then brewed with water, yeast, and hops. It is a rich source of niacin, riboflavin, vitamin B12, magnesium, potassium, and selenium. It is cost-effective, easy to consume, and widely available in different packaging styles. As it assists in promoting hydration and preventing the formation of kidney stones, the demand for beer is rising in India.
India Beer Market Trends:
Presently, the rising preference for ready-to-drink (RTD) beverages that offer enhanced convenience among individuals represents one of the primary factors strengthening the growth of the market in India. Besides this, the growing demand for beer due to the increasing number of cafes, clubs, and pubs in the country is offering a positive market outlook. Apart from this, the increasing influence of Western culture among the young population is bolstering the growth of the market in the country. Moreover, the wide availability of beer through online and offline distribution channels is impelling the growth of the market. Furthermore, the increasing popularity of craft beer, as it provides uniqueness, is contributing to the growth of the market in the country. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach INR 622.4 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 8.1% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into standard lager, premium lager, specialty beer, and others. At present, standard lager dominates the market.
- On the basis of the packaging, the market has been classified into glass, PET bottle, metal can, and others. Presently, glass represents the largest segment.
- Based on the production, the market has been divided into macro-brewery, micro-brewery, and others. Macro-brewery accounts for the majority of the market share.
- On the basis of alcohol content, the market has been segregated into high, low, and alcohol free. High alcohol content currently holds the biggest market share.
- Based on the flavor, unflavored exhibits a clear dominance in the market, followed by flavor.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market has been classified into supermarkets and hypermarkets, on-trades, specialty stores, convenience stores, and others. At present, supermarkets and hypermarkets dominate the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North India, West and Central India, South India, and East India. Amongst these, South India enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Anheuser-Bush InBev SA NV, Arbor Brewing Company India, B9 Beverages Private Limited, Carlsberg India Private Limited, Devans Modern Breweries Ltd., Gateway Brewing Company, SOM Distilleries and Breweries Limited, Sona Beverages Private Limited, United Breweries Limited (Heineken N.V.), and White Rhino Brewing Co.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Packaging, Production, Alcohol Content, Flavor, Distribution Channel, Region
||North India, West and Central India, South India, East India
||Anheuser-Bush InBev SA NV, Arbor Brewing Company India, B9 Beverages Private Limited, Carlsberg India Private Limited, Devans Modern Breweries Ltd., Gateway Brewing Company, SOM Distilleries And Breweries Limited, Sona Beverages Private Limited, United Breweries Limited (Heineken N.V.), and White Rhino Brewing Co.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800