The global blockchain in energy market size reached US$ 897.5 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 8,837.0 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 41.70% during 2023-2028.
Blockchain in energy refers to a technology that enables energy distribution and facilitates transactions between generators and consumers. It includes distributed, replicated, and shared ledgers that securely store digital transactions and assets without using a central authority. Blockchain in energy is widely used for billing, automation, sharing resources, trading, smart contracts, and digital identity. It is also used to manage grids, government risk and compliance, supply chain, and energy certificates. Blockchain in energy improves visibility, increases operating efficiencies, and streamlines regulatory reporting. It also offers environmental sustainability, reduces costs, improves trust, increases transparency, and provides enhanced control and security.
Blockchain in Energy Market Trends:
The rising adoption of smart grids for energy distribution is one of the primary factors driving the market growth. Blockchain is widely used in smart grids to improve functionality, prevent failure, protect privacy, and manage transactions through smart contracts due to its decentralization, transparency, fault tolerance, and strong security. In addition, increasing demand for blockchain technology due to the rising installation of smart meters to manage data, offer traceability, enable automated billing, and prevent unauthorized access is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the rising adoption of renewable energy sources is facilitating the employment of blockchain to manage distribution and provide real-time validation of the energy source through certificates, which, in turn, is impelling the market growth. Apart from this, the widespread utilization of blockchain to enable peer-to-peer energy trading, allowing users to buy and sell power directly amongst each other through a secure ledger, is positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, the increasing adoption of blockchain in the oil and gas industry to provide privacy, reduce settlement delays, and protect trade secrets is propelling the market growth. Other factors, including the rising adoption of distributed energy systems, implementation of various government initiatives promoting electricity saving, and increasing adoption of blockchain for electric vehicle (EV) charging and energy sharing, are anticipated to drive market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global blockchain in energy market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on component, type, application and end user.
Breakup by Component:
Breakup by Type:
Breakup by Application:
- Peer-To-Peer Transaction
- Grid Transactions
- Energy Financing
- Electric Vehicle
- Sustainability Attribution
Breakup by End User:
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being ConsenSys, Energy Web, Greeneum, International Business Machines Corporation, Ondiflo and Power Ledger Pty Ltd. Kindly, note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Component, Type, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||ConsenSys, Energy Web, Greeneum, International Business Machines Corporation, Ondiflo and Power Ledger Pty Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global blockchain in energy market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global blockchain in energy market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the component?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global blockchain in energy market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the blockchain in energy market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global blockchain in energy market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the blockchain in energy industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.