The global cake mixes market size reached US$ 1.51 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1.67 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.40% during 2023-2028. The increasing increasing demand for decadent food products, easy availability via online apps, and the launch of new variants represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Cake mixes are premixes that allow baking of a cake quickly and easily. They generally involve dry ingredients, such as flour, baking powder, baking soda, yeast, salt, sugar, leavening agents, and other flavoring agents. They also require wet ingredients like eggs, water, milk, and other flavorings. They are used to make different cakes, including chocolate, vanilla, and lemon. As they generally come in a box and are convenient and easy to use, the demand for cake mixes is rising across the globe. At present, key players are offering customizable cake mixes that allow individuals to add different ingredients or choose from a variety of mix-ins to bake a unique cake.
Cake Mixes Market Trends:
The increasing demand for decadent food products and the growing number of ceremonial occasions, such as birthdays, weddings, and anniversaries, represent one of the major factors bolstering the market growth around the world. Moreover, rapid urbanization, the rising working population, and expanding purchasing power of consumers are driving the sales of cake mixes worldwide. In addition, quick service resteraunts (QSRs) are using these mixes to make several innovative and exotic recipes, which is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, key players are introducing vegan, plant-based, gluten and sugar free variants in multiple flavors, such as matcha, cheese, and lavender, to expand their product portfolio and increase the existing consumer base. They are investing in advertising campaigns, such as celebrity and influencer endorsements, for improving their existing sales and profitability. Due to the increasing health consciousness among consumers, several manufacturers are also developing cake mixes using healthier ingredients, such as whole wheat flour and oats. This, coupled with the rising demand for healthy bakery products on account of changing eating habits and the surging prevalence of lifestyle diseases like obesity and diabetes, is strengthening the growth of the market. Furthermore, the growing number of hypermarkets, supermarkets, convenience stores, and grocery stores is offering an easy accessibility to cake mixes. Besides this, the expanding number of online shopping applications that provide a wider collection of cake mixes supported by doorstep delivery and numerous payment methods is creating a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global cake mixes market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, flavor type, distribution channel, and application.
- Angel Food Cake
- Layer Cake
- Flourless or Low-Flour Cake
- Mug Cake
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the cake mixes market based on the type. This includes angel food cake, layer cake, flourless or low-flour cake, mug cake, and others.
Flavor Type Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the cake mixes market based on the flavor type has also been provided in the report. This includes chocolate, vanilla, fruit, and others. According to the report, chocolate represented the largest segment.
Distribution Channel Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the cake mixes market based on the distribution channel. This includes online and offline. According to the report, offline represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the cake mixes market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes household and commercial. According to the report, commercial represented the largest segment.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for cake mixes. Some of the factors driving the North America cake mixes market included increasing demand for convenient food products, availability of numerous product variants, and introduction of healthier options by key players.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global cake mixes market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods Inc, Chelsea Milling Company, Conagra Brands Inc, Dr. Oetker GmbH, General Mills Inc, Hodgson Mill, Inc., Miss Jones Baking Co, Simple Mills Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Angel Food Cake, Layer Cake, Flourless or Low-Flour Cake, Mug Cake, Others
|Flavor Types Covered
||Chocolate, Vanilla, Fruit, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods Inc, Chelsea Milling Company, Conagra Brands Inc, Dr. Oetker GmbH, General Mills Inc, Hodgson Mill, Inc., Miss Jones Baking Co, Simple Mills Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global cake mixes market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global cake mixes market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global cake mixes market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive cake mixes markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the cake mixes market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the flavor type?
- Which is the most attractive flavor type in the cake mixes market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the cake mixes market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the cake mixes market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global cake mixes market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global cake mixes market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the cake mixes market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global cake mixes market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the cake mixes industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.