The global chemicals for cosmetics and toiletries market size reached US$ 24,063 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 30,355 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.10% during 2023-2028. Increasing demand for cosmetic and personal care products, the growing population, rising disposable incomes, and changing consumer preferences towards personal grooming and appearance enhancement represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Chemicals play a crucial role in formulating cosmetics and toiletries, enabling the creation of products that enhance beauty and personal care routines. These chemicals are carefully synthesized using various processes to ensure their safety and efficacy. They work by interacting with the skin, hair, or nails to produce desired effects. The components of these chemicals vary depending on their purpose, but they often include emollients, surfactants, preservatives, and fragrances. Among these, emollients help moisturize and soften the skin, while surfactants aid in cleansing and foaming. On the other hand, preservatives prevent the growth of harmful bacteria and extend the shelf life of the product, and fragrances provide a pleasant scent. The advantages of using chemicals in cosmetics and toiletries are numerous, including creating products tailored to specific needs, such as moisturizers for dry skin or shampoos for oily hair. Chemicals also enable the development of innovative formulations, incorporating advanced technologies, such as anti-aging compounds or ultraviolet (UV) filters for sun protection.
Chemicals for Cosmetics and Toiletries Market Trends:
The global chemicals for cosmetics and toiletries market is primarily boosted by the increasing demand for cosmetic and personal care products. The growing population, rising disposable incomes, and changing consumer preferences towards personal grooming and appearance enhancement are contributing to the market growth. Moreover, advancements in technology and innovation in the cosmetics and toiletries industry are supporting the market growth. In line with this, key manufacturers are continuously developing new and improved formulations to meet evolving consumer needs, further fueling the market growth. Besides this, the surging demand for plant-based and environmentally friendly chemicals, shifting consumer preference toward clean and sustainable beauty products, and the rising influence of social media are creating a positive outlook for the market. Other factors, including the growing popularity of beauty influencers and bloggers, the expansion of distribution channels, such as e-commerce platforms, and the burgeoning geriatric population, are providing an impetus to the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global chemicals for cosmetics and toiletries market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type and application.
- Cosmetics Chemicals
- Toiletries Chemicals
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the chemicals for cosmetics and toiletries market based on the type. This includes cosmetics chemicals and toiletries chemicals. According to the report, cosmetics chemicals represented the largest segment.
- Skin Care Products
- Hair Care Products
- Oral Hygiene Products
- Bath and Shower Products
- Personal Hygiene Products
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the chemicals for cosmetics and toiletries market based on the application. This includes skin care products, hair care products, oral hygiene products, bath and shower products, personal hygiene products, and others. According to the report, skin care products represented the largest segment.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for chemicals for cosmetics and toiletries. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific chemicals for cosmetics and toiletries market included the increasing focus on personal hygiene and wellness, the influence of cultural factors and beauty standards, and strategic mergers and acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships among manufacturers and suppliers in the cosmetics and toiletries industry.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global chemicals for cosmetics and toiletries market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Arkema S.A., Ashland Inc., BASF SE, Biosil Technologies Inc., Croda International plc, Dow Inc., Eastman Chemical Company, Evonik Industries AG (RAG-Stiftung), Fenchem, Hallstar Company, Koninklijke DSM N.V., Lanxess AG, Merck KGaA, Stepan Company, The Lubrizol Corporation (Berkshire Hathaway Inc.), etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Cosmetics Chemicals, Toiletries Chemicals
||Skin Care Products, Hair Care Products, Oral Hygiene Products, Bath and Shower Products, Personal Hygiene Products, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Arkema S.A., Ashland Inc., BASF SE, Biosil Technologies Inc., Croda International plc, Dow Inc., Eastman Chemical Company, Evonik Industries AG (RAG-Stiftung), Fenchem, Hallstar Company, Koninklijke DSM N.V., Lanxess AG, Merck KGaA, Stepan Company, The Lubrizol Corporation (Berkshire Hathaway Inc.), etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global chemicals for cosmetics and toiletries market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global chemicals for cosmetics and toiletries market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global chemicals for cosmetics and toiletries market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive chemicals for cosmetics and toiletries market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the chemicals for cosmetics and toiletries market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the chemicals for cosmetics and toiletries market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global chemicals for cosmetics and toiletries market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global chemicals for cosmetics and toiletries market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the chemicals for cosmetics and toiletries market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global chemicals for cosmetics and toiletries market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the chemicals for cosmetics and toiletries industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.