The global cloning & mutagenesis market size reached US$ 2.4 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 6.4 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 17.3% during 2023-2028. The rising prevalence of chronic and genetic disorders, the escalating demand for personalized medicines, and the increasing utilization of GMOs in agriculture and medicine represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Cloning & Mutagenesis Market Size in 2022
||US$ 2.4 Billion
|Cloning & Mutagenesis Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 6.4 Billion
|Cloning & Mutagenesis Market Growth Rate 2023-2028
Cloning and mutagenesis are two crucial techniques used in the field of biotechnology. Cloning refers to the process of making an identical copy of a DNA sequence, typically using a vector (such as a plasmid) to insert the sequence into a host organism (such as bacteria). This allows researchers to produce multiple copies of the DNA sequence, which can be utilized for further experimentation, sequencing, or expression. It has many applications, including the production of recombinant proteins, genetic engineering, and the creation of genetically modified organisms. On the other hand, mutagenesis is often used to study the function of specific genes or to create new variants with altered properties. Random mutagenesis can be used to create a library of mutants, which can then be screened for desirable properties. Site-directed mutagenesis is a more precise technique that allows specific mutations to be introduced into a DNA sequence. In recent years, cloning and mutagenesis have gained traction as they are critical tools that have revolutionized many areas of biotechnology and have enabled researchers to study genes and proteins for the development of novel therapeutics, agricultural products, and industrial processes.
Cloning & Mutagenesis Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing prevalence of chronic and genetic disorders across the globe. In addition, the escalating demand for personalized medicines represents another major growth-inducing factor. Personalized medicines involve tailoring medical treatment to an individual's genetic makeup, which is performed through cloning and mutagenesis. Besides this, the increasing adoption of these technologies in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries to develop new drugs, vaccines, and therapeutic proteins is also contributing to market growth. The market is further propelled by various advancements in genetic engineering technologies that have made cloning and mutagenesis more efficient, precise, and cost-effective. Moreover, the growing applications of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in agriculture for producing insect-resistant and herbicide-tolerant seeds and in the medical industry are accelerating the product adoption rate across the globe. Additionally, governments of multiple countries and private organizations are investing in research and development (R&D) in the field of biotechnology. This, coupled with the execution of numerous strategies by key market players, such as facility expansions, collaborations, partnerships, novel product launches, and mergers and acquisitions (M&As), is creating a favorable market outlook.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global cloning & mutagenesis market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, technology, and end user.
- Cloning Kits
- Mutagenesis Kits
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the cloning & mutagenesis market based on the product. This includes cloning and mutagenesis kits. According to the report, cloning kits represented the largest segment.
- Topo PCR Cloning
- Blunt End Cloning
- Seamless Cloning
- Site-directed Mutagenesis
A detailed breakup and analysis of the cloning & mutagenesis market based on technology has also been provided in the report. This includes topo PCR cloning, blunt end cloning, seamless cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, and others. According to the report, topo PCR cloning accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights:
- Biopharmaceutical and Pharmaceutical Companies
- CROs and CMOs
- Academic and Research Institutes
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the cloning & mutagenesis market based on the end user. This includes biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical companies, CROs and CMOs, and academic and research institutes. According to the report, biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical companies represented the largest segment.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for cloning & mutagenesis. Some of the factors driving the North America cloning & mutagenesis market included the growing prevalence of genetic disorders, the escalating demand for biologics, and various technological advancements.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global cloning & mutagenesis market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include ABM Industries Inc., Agilent Technologies Inc., Assay Genie Limited, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Charles River Laboratories International Inc. (Bausch & Lomb), Genewiz Inc (Azenta Life Sciences), Jena Bioscience GmbH, Merck KGaA, New England Biolabs Inc., Promega Corporation, Takara Bio Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., TransGen Biotech Co. Ltd., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- End User
||Cloning Kits, Mutagenesis Kits
||Topo PCR Cloning, Blunt End Cloning, Seamless Cloning, Site-directed Mutagenesis, Others
|End Users Covered
||Biopharmaceutical and Pharmaceutical Companies, CROs and CMOs, Academic and Research Institutes
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||ABM Industries Inc., Agilent Technologies Inc., Assay Genie Limited, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Charles River Laboratories International Inc. (Bausch & Lomb), Genewiz Inc (Azenta Life Sciences), Jena Bioscience GmbH, Merck KGaA, New England Biolabs Inc., Promega Corporation, Takara Bio Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., TransGen Biotech Co. Ltd., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global cloning & mutagenesis market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global cloning & mutagenesis market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global cloning & mutagenesis market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive cloning & mutagenesis market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the cloning & mutagenesis market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on technology?
- Which is the most attractive technology in the cloning & mutagenesis market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the cloning & mutagenesis market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global cloning & mutagenesis market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global cloning & mutagenesis market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the cloning & mutagenesis market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global cloning & mutagenesis market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the cloning & mutagenesis industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.