The global coffee franchise market size reached US$ 96.61 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 154.5 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.20% during 2023-2028. The rising consumption of coffee among the masses, the incorporation of digital technologies, and the recent development of self-service kiosks represent some of the key factors driving the market.
A coffee franchise refers to a business arrangement where a company grants an individual or a group the rights to establish a coffee shop using its brand name, trademark, and business systems. In this arrangement, the company provides a proven business model, which includes coffee recipes, menu offerings, store design and layout, marketing strategies, and standard operating procedures. On the other hand, the franchisee pays royalty charges and is permitted to establish standalone shops, drive-thru kiosks, cafes, pop-up stands, coffee carts, and other mobile units. A coffee franchise is a highly efficient and mutually beneficial business model that provides access to a well-established supply chain, improves the profitability of all stakeholders, and eliminates the need for extensive marketing efforts.
Coffee Franchise Market Trends:
The rising consumption of coffee among the masses is one of the primary factors propelling the market growth. Coffee franchises provide consumers access to various branded and high-quality coffee-based beverages, such as espresso, macchiato, cappuccino, drip coffee, cold brew, Americano, mocha, flavored lattes, iced coffee, and speciality drinks. In addition to this, the rising awareness among the masses regarding popular coffee brands and their high-quality products is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the changing consumer lifestyles and hectic schedules are prompting coffee franchise owners to provide on-the-go (OTG) options, such as drive-thru kiosks and mobile coffee units, which offer fast and efficient services, enhance customer convenience, save time, and can operate for extended hours compared to traditional coffee shops. Additionally, the incorporation of digital technologies, such as mobile ordering applications and delivery services, which allow users to conveniently order coffee beverages through smartphones, thus reducing the waiting period and improving the overall experience, is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, the recent development of self-service kiosks, which allow customers to place orders and customize beverages using user-friendly touchscreen interfaces, is contributing to the market growth. Moreover, aggressive promotional and branding activities by companies through social media, celebrity endorsements, and television (TV) commercials are supporting the market growth. Other factors, including the growing demand for premium coffee products, increasing expenditure capacities of consumers, and rising diversification of menu options by coffee franchises to attract a broader customer base, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global coffee franchise market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on cuisine and delivery type.
- Coffee and Bar
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the coffee franchise market based on the cuisine. This includes lunch, brunch, and coffee and bar. According to the report, coffee and bar represented the largest segment.
Delivery Type Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the coffee franchise market based on the delivery type has also been provided in the report. This includes dine-in and dine-out. According to the report, dine-in accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for coffee franchise. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific coffee franchise market included rising consumption of coffee, aggressive promotional activities, and significant technological advancement.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global coffee franchise market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Barista Coffee Company Limited, Brew Berrys Hospitality Pvt. Ltd., Cafe Barbera, Caribou Coffee Operating Company Inc. (JAB Holding Company), Casey Hawkins Inc., Coffee Beanery Ltd. (The Shaw Coffee Company), Dunn Bros Coffee Franchising Inc., Ellianos Coffee Company, Frespresso Hospitality Pvt Ltd, Tim Hortons Inc. (Restaurant Brands International Inc.), Xpresso Delight, Ziggi's Coffee, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Delivery Type
||Lunch, Brunch, Coffee and Bar
|Delivery Types Covered
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Barista Coffee Company Limited, Brew Berrys Hospitality Pvt. Ltd., Cafe Barbera, Caribou Coffee Operating Company Inc. (JAB Holding Company), Casey Hawkins Inc., Coffee Beanery Ltd. (The Shaw Coffee Company), Dunn Bros Coffee Franchising Inc., Ellianos Coffee Company, Frespresso Hospitality Pvt Ltd, Tim Hortons Inc. (Restaurant Brands International Inc.), Xpresso Delight, Ziggi's Coffee, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global coffee franchise market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global coffee franchise market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global coffee franchise market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive coffee franchise market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the cuisine?
- Which is the most attractive cuisine in the coffee franchise market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the delivery type?
- Which is the most attractive delivery type in the coffee franchise market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global coffee franchise market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global coffee franchise market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the coffee franchise market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global coffee franchise market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the coffee franchise industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.