The global cold and flu supplements market size reached US$ 16.7 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 23.2 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.4% during 2023-2028. The rising consumer spending on immunity-boosting and health products, the growing prevalence of seasonal diseases, and increasing health consciousness among the masses represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 16.7 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 23.2 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Cold and flu supplements refer to drugs usually sold as over-the-counter (OTC) medicines in local stores and pharmacies without a prescription. They generally contain antihistamines, cough suppressants, decongestants, and pain relievers. They are typically consumed to boost the immune system and prevent diseases like the cold and flu. Some commonly available supplements include vitamins, minerals, and numerous herbal extracts. For instance, Echinacea is used as an immune system stimulant that aids in the prevention and treatment of colds, whereas elderberry is commonly utilized for treating flu as it possesses antioxidant and immune-modulating properties. Besides this, Panax ginseng and Panax quinquefolium have proven effective in upper respiratory tract infections. On the other hand, zinc supplements are associated with preventing and treating the common cold, as zinc inhibits the replication of the cold virus. Owing to these benefits, cold and flu supplements are gaining immense traction across the globe.
Cold and Flu Supplements Market Trends:
The rising consumption of supplements to strengthen the immune system and prevent diseases, such as the cold and flu, represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Moreover, consumers are increasingly spending on products and supplements with natural immunity-boosting claims due to the growing health consciousness among the masses and the widespread prevalence of seasonal diseases. Along with this, there is a rise in the demand for health products containing herbal extracts, such as ginger, Echinacea, garlic, elderberry, turmeric, and ginkgo, as they help the body fight viruses. For instance, garlic assists in reducing the risk of becoming sick and decreasing the duration of the illness. This, coupled with the surging popularity of ginger, which is medically proven effective in treating sore throats as it contains bioactive compounds with anti-inflammatory properties, has catalyzed the product demand. Furthermore, the increasing consumer preferences for natural and herbal products over modern medications due to their fewer side effects and low toxicity has propelled market growth. In addition, the escalating demand for preventive medicines, such as cold and flu supplements, owing to the rising consumer awareness regarding the benefits of several natural ingredients, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Other major factors contributing to the market growth include the aging population, inflating consumer healthcare expenditure, easy product availability via online and offline channels, and increasing government support for free flu immunization.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global cold and flu supplements market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product and distribution channel.
- Natural Molecules
- Herbal Extracts
- Vitamins and Minerals
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the cold and flu supplements market based on the product. This includes natural molecules, herbal extracts, vitamins and minerals. According to the report, vitamins and minerals represented the largest segment.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
A detailed breakup and analysis of the cold and flu supplements market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy, and online pharmacy. According to the report, retail pharmacy accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for cold and flu supplements. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific cold and flu supplements market included its aging population, shifting consumer inclination toward natural and herbal products, growing health concerns among individuals, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global cold and flu supplements market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Flora Inc., Himalaya Wellness Company, Nature's Way Products LLC (Dr. Willmar Schwabe GmbH & Co. KG), Neurobiologix Inc., Nordic Naturals Inc., The Vitamin Shoppe, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Cold and Flu Supplements Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Distribution Channel
||Natural Molecules, Herbal Extracts, Vitamins and Minerals
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Flora Inc., Himalaya Wellness Company, Nature's Way Products LLC (Dr. Willmar Schwabe GmbH & Co. KG), Neurobiologix Inc., Nordic Naturals Inc., The Vitamin Shoppe, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global cold and flu supplements market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global cold and flu supplements market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global cold and flu supplements market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive cold and flu supplements market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the cold and flu supplements market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the cold and flu supplements market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global cold and flu supplements market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global cold and flu supplements market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the cold and flu supplements market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global cold and flu supplements market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the cold and flu supplements industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.