The global cold storage construction market size reached US$ 11.42 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 23.61 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 13.00% during 2023-2028. The considerable growth in the food and beverage (F&B) industry, the augmenting demand for processed and packaged food products, and numerous stringent regulations regarding food safety represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 11.42 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 23.61 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Cold storage construction involves building specialized facilities with refrigeration systems to store and preserve perishable goods that typically maintain extremely low temperatures in the sub-zero range as needed for food products and pharmaceuticals. The cold storage facilities are constructed with high-quality insulation materials that are designed to minimize heat transfer and are equipped with heavy-duty refrigeration systems to regulate temperature and humidity levels within the storage area. The construction of cold storage requires building multiple temperature zones, including freezer rooms, coolers, and ambient temperature areas. In addition to this, the storage is also equipped with smart technologies for monitoring and controlling humidity levels to prevent moisture-related problems that could affect the quality and integrity of stored goods. Some of the advantages of cold storage facilities include high-quality storage facilities to facilitate long-distance transportation, enhanced insulation and heat dissipation, improved supply chain efficiency and extended shelf life of perishable products.
Cold Storage Construction Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by considerable growth in the food and beverage (F&B) industry. This can be attributed to the continuously changing consumer preferences propelling the demand for processed and packaged food products. In line with this, stringent regulations regarding food safety by the government bodies of several countries to ensure the quality and safety of food products is providing an impetus to the market. Moreover, the rapid expansion of international trade, particularly for temperature-sensitive and perishable products including fruits, vegetables, dairy products, and pharmaceuticals is propelling the market. In addition to this, the significant rise in e-commerce purchases and online grocery delivery services leading to an increased need for efficient cold chain logistics is also acting as a significant growth-inducing factor for the market. The market is further fueled by the continual technological advancements in refrigeration technologies, such as automation systems, subzero-temperature preservation and long-distance reefers. Apart from this, an enhanced focus on the utilization of sustainable cold storage facilities operating on eco-friendly insulation materials, energy management systems, and renewable energy sources is further creating a positive market outlook. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid urbanization, easy availability of fresh and frozen food across online and offline retail channels, inflating disposable income levels, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global cold storage construction market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on storage type, warehouse type, and end user.
Storage Type Insights:
- Bulk Stores
- Production Stores
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the cold storage construction market based on the storage type. This includes bulk stores, ports, production stores, and others. According to the report, production stores represented the largest segment.
Warehouse Type Insights:
- Private and Semi Private Warehouse
- Public Warehouses
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the cold storage construction market based on the warehouse type. This includes private and semi private warehouse and public warehouses.
End User Insights:
- Food and Beverages
A detailed breakup and analysis of the cold storage construction market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and others. According to the report, food and beverages accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for cold storage construction. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific cold storage construction market included continual technological advancements, considerable growth in cold chain logistics, rapid expansion of international trade for temperature-sensitive and perishable products, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global cold storage construction market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Americold Realty Trust Inc., Burris Logistics, Emergent Cold LatAm Management LLC, Hansen Cold Storage Construction, Lineage Logistics Holdings LLC, NewCold B.V., Primus Builders Inc., RSA Global DWC-LLC, Tippmann Group, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Cold Storage Construction Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Storage Type
- Warehouse Type
- End User
|Storage Types Covered
||Bulk Stores, Ports, Production Stores, Others
|Warehouse Types Covered
||Private and Semi Private Warehouse, Public Warehouses
|End Users Covered
||Food and Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Americold Realty Trust Inc., Burris Logistics, Emergent Cold LatAm Management LLC, Hansen Cold Storage Construction, Lineage Logistics Holdings LLC, NewCold B.V., Primus Builders Inc., RSA Global DWC-LLC, Tippmann Group, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global cold storage construction market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global cold storage construction market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global cold storage construction market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive cold storage construction market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the storage type?
- Which is the most attractive storage type in the cold storage construction market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the warehouse type?
- Which is the most attractive warehouse type in the cold storage construction market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the cold storage construction market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global cold storage construction market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global cold storage construction market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the cold storage construction market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global cold storage construction market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the cold storage construction industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.