The global construction and demolition waste management market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Construction and demolition waste management refers to a process which involves monitoring, collecting, transporting, recycling and disposing of the waste generated during construction, renovation or demolition of buildings or other infrastructure. It assists in minimizing and re-using waste materials such as concrete, soil, wood, glass, plastic, cardboard and metal during construction activities. Unlike residential waste, construction and demolition waste materials are inert, heavy and non-biodegradable. As a result, regulatory authorities require commercial facilities for sorting, treating and filtering these materials before they can be re-used or decomposed. Rising construction and demolition activities are catalyzing the demand for construction and demolition waste management worldwide. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the global construction and demolition waste management market to grow at a CAGR of 5.30% during 2021-2026.
- Construction and demolition activities produce large amounts of concrete, wood, plastic and metal waste. As improper disposal of these materials results in the emission of GHGs, environmental degradation, and deterioration of overall health of people, the adoption of construction and demolition waste management practices has been gaining popularity across the globe.
- Numerous developing countries in Asia, the Middle East and Africa are engaged in the repairing and construction of roads, flyovers, bridges and buildings due to rapid urbanization, growing population and influx of tourists. This is also strengthening the growth of the market in these regions.
- On account of growing environmental concerns, governments of several countries, such as the United States, United Kingdom and Australia, are introducing stringent regulations to reduce and control illegal disposal of construction and demolition waste materials. Apart from this, NGOs in these countries are actively supporting the government’s decisions by propagating awareness about the harmful impact of growing waste volume.
- The introduction of green buildings is another major growth-inducing factor for the market. These buildings incorporate efficient waste management systems that employ processes which remain resource-efficient and environmentally responsible throughout the building’s lifecycle.
Historical, Current and Future Market Trends
Breakup by Business Sector:
Demolition currently represents the largest business sector
Breakup by Service Type:
Collection currently accounts for the largest share.
Breakup by Waste Type:
Inert currently accounts for the largest share.
Breakup by Region:
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Progressive Waste Solution, Remondis, Republic Service, Clean Harbor, Daiseki, Gamma Waste systems, Veolia Environmental, Waste Management Inc, Renewi PLC, FCC, Advanced Disposal Services LLC, Casella Waste Systems, etc.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global construction and demolition waste management market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global construction and demolition waste management industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global construction and demolition waste management market?
- What is the breakup of the global construction and demolition waste management market based on the business sector?
- What is the breakup of the global construction and demolition waste management market based on the service type?
- What is the breakup of the global construction and demolition waste management market based on the waste type?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global construction and demolition waste management market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global construction and demolition waste management market?
- What is the structure of the global construction and demolition waste management market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global construction and demolition waste management market?