Crunchy chocolate or wafer chocolate is mostly made by coating a piece of wafer with a layer of chocolate. However, sometimes nuts, fruits, cereals, etc. are also added along with a filling of delectable flavours such as honey, caramel and butterscotch to enhance its flavour. Nowadays, manufacturers are introducing crunchy chocolates which are not only delicious but also cater to the needs and demands of a health-conscious consumer-base. Hence, organic chocolate, vegan gluten-free chocolate and energy bars are emerging as the most sought-after chocolate types around the world. The latest report by IMARC Group titled, “Crunchy Chocolate Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, finds that the global crunchy chocolate market reached a value of US$ 3 Billion in 2017, growing at a CAGR of more than 7% during 2010-2017.
There are a number of uses of crunchy chocolate which have contributed in influencing its demand. Crumbs and chunks of crunchy chocolate are used with beverages such as coffee and smoothies, or are used to make chocolate sandwiches. Some of the other factors responsible for the growth in the demand for crunchy chocolates include premiumisation, thriving fast-food industry, expanding distribution channels, etc. As a result, the market for crunchy chocolate is expected to reach a value of US$ 4 Billion by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 6.7% during 2018-2023.
The report has analysed the global crunchy chocolate market on the basis of distribution channels, covering super- and hyper-markets, convenience stores and non-grocery retailers. The report has further segmented the market on the basis of region covering Western Europe, North America, Eastern Europe, Asia, Latin America, Middle East and Africa and Australasia. Currently, Western Europe represents the largest region for crunchy chocolate, accounting for the majority of the market share.
This report provides a deep insight into the global crunchy chocolate industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a crunchy chocolate manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, consultants, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the crunchy chocolate industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- What are the key success and risk factors in the crunchy chocolate industry?
- How has the crunchy chocolate market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the crunchy chocolate industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a crunchy chocolate plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a crunchy chocolate plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a crunchy chocolate plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a crunchy chocolate plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a crunchy chocolate plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a crunchy chocolate plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a crunchy chocolate plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a crunchy chocolate plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a crunchy chocolate plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of crunchy chocolate products?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a crunchy chocolate plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?