The global data center server market was worth US$ 37.6 Billion in 2017. Data centers are designated archives that provide either a physical or virtual infrastructure to store, process, organize, and disseminate an organization’s data and important files. They are designed uniquely and can be differentiated as internet facing or enterprise (or “internal”) data centers. A network’s most vital systems are housed in the data centers as they are important for the continuity of daily tasks. The safety and reliability of data centers and the information contained within them is highly important as a network’s most vital systems that are important for the continuity of daily tasks are housed in data centers. For some organizations, data centers can be a large centralized place with various IT systems and solutions for support, and for others it can be a small room with physical files and reports. In addition to this, servers act as the backbones of data centers and are usually used to transfer data over different computers. Data centers can be found in various industries such as healthcare, financial institutions, IT, retail, and even in government sectors.
The continuous transfer of data from private servers to cloud-based solutions is currently driving the growth of data center servers in various industries across the globe. Data center can store servers and other equipment, thereby increasing their demand among the cloud service providers to house cloud services and cloud-based resources. Most consumers are now planning to increase the use of private and public cloud in the coming years. Moreover, various consumers are now transferring data across public cloud and other commercial facilities such as colocation sites, and network provider’s point of present location. This has augmented the demand of the Internet of Things (IoT) which further requires data center servers to include endpoint devices such as integrated compute/storage; intelligent gateway devices and nearby devices such as on-premise data centers and managed hosting sites. Other factors elevating the growth of the data center server market include increasing usage of unique client centric solutions, enhanced security management, technological innovations, etc. Looking forward, the market value is projected to exceed US$ 56.1 Billion by 2023, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.5% during 2018-2023.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into rack servers, blade servers, micro servers and tower servers. Rack servers currently represent the biggest segment.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into industrial servers and commercial servers.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dell, IBM, Fujitsu, Cisco Systems, Lenovo, Oracle Corporation, Huawei, Inspur, Bull (Atos), Hitachi, NEC Corp and Supermicro.
This report provides a deep insight into the global data center server market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the data center server market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global data center server market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global data center server industry?
- What is the breakup of the global data center server market on the basis of product type?
- What is the breakup of the global data center server market on the basis of application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global data center server market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global data center server market?
- What is the structure of the global data center server market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global data center server market?