The global data classification market size reached US$ 1.23 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 4.83 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 24.30% during 2023-2028. The growing need to maintain data integrity and confidentiality, rising volumes of unstructured data, and the implementation of stringent government rules and regulations represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 1.23 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 4.83 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Data classification refers to the process of organizing data into various categories to efficiently store, locate, sort, and retrieve it for future use. It involves tagging and labeling data to make it easily searchable and trackable within specified timeframes. It assists in eliminating multiple duplications of data to lower storage and backup costs while accelerating the search process. It also helps ensure the confidentiality, security, and availability of data stored in the storage of any organization. Besides this, it facilitates proper security responses based on the type of data being retrieved, transferred, or copied. In recent years, data classification has gained immense traction among enterprises across the globe as it is crucial for risk management, regulatory compliance, and legal discovery.
Data Classification Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing need to maintain data integrity and confidentiality, especially across the banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI), government, healthcare, and retail industries where user data is highly confidential. In addition, data classification aids in reducing the vulnerability of sensitive information, particularly for unstructured data, by converting it into structured data for analysis, allowing organizations to decide adequate data protection measures and utilize it for sales and managerial decisions. Consequently, the rising volume of unstructured data is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, governments of numerous countries are implementing stringent rules and regulations regarding the distribution and consumption of data. In line with this, the increasing complexity of managing regulatory compliance, especially for large enterprises at high risk of facing non-compliance issues that can levy heavy fines, is contributing to market growth. Besides this, there has been a significant increase in cyber threats, data thefts, and malware attacks at an alarming rate across the globe. This, in turn, has augmented the demand for data classification solutions for efficient data management to identify the risk and impact of mishandled data. Apart from this, continual technological advancements, such as the integration of big data and machine learning in data classification, have propelled market growth. Other factors, including rising cybersecurity concerns, ongoing research and development (R&D) activities, rapid globalization and digitization, and extensive investments in analytics-based technologies, are also anticipated to create a favorable outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global data classification market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on component, type, deployment mode, application, and industry vertical.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the data classification market based on the component. This includes software and services.
- Content-based Classification
- Context-based Classification
- User-based Classification
A detailed breakup and analysis of the data classification market based on the type has also been provided in the report. This includes content-based classification, context-based classification, and user-based classification. According to the report, user-based classification accounted for the largest market share.
Deployment Mode Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the data classification market based on the deployment mode. This includes on-premises and cloud-based.
- Access Control
- Governance and Regularity Compliance
- Web, Mobile and Email Protection
- Auditing and Reporting
A detailed breakup and analysis of the data classification market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes access control, governance and regularity compliance, web, mobile and email protection, auditing and reporting, and others. According to the report, governance and regularity compliance (GRC) accounted for the largest market share.
Industry Vertical Insights:
- Government and Defense
- IT and Telecom
- Energy and Utilities
A detailed breakup and analysis of the data classification market based on the industry vertical has also been provided in the report. This includes BFSI, healthcare, government and defense, IT and telecom, energy and utilities, and others. According to the report, BFSI accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for data classification. Some of the factors driving the North America data classification market included the widespread presence of major and technologically advanced industries that need to adopt data classification solutions to manage and store information, supportive government policies, rising volumes of data generated, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global data classification market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Forcepoint LLC, Fortra LLC, HANDD Business Solutions, Netwrix Corporation, Varonis Systems Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Deployment Mode
- Industry Vertical
||Content-based Classification, Context-based Classification, User-based Classification
|Deployment Modes Covered
||Access Control, Governance and Regularity Compliance, Web, Mobile and Email Protection, Auditing and Reporting, Others
|Industry Verticals Covered
||BFSI, Healthcare, Government and Defense, IT and Telecom, Energy and Utilities, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Forcepoint LLC, Fortra LLC, HANDD Business Solutions, Netwrix Corporation, Varonis Systems Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global data classification market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global data classification market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global data classification market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive data classification market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the component?
- Which is the most attractive component in the data classification market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the data classification market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the deployment mode?
- Which is the most attractive deployment mode in the data classification market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the data classification market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the industry vertical?
- Which is the most attractive industry vertical in the data classification market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global data classification market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global data classification market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the data classification market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global data classification market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the data classification industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.