The global dental handpieces market size reached US$ 1.67 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2.28 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.15% during 2023-2028. The growing prevalence of oral diseases among the masses, rising demand for advanced dental care services, and numerous initiatives to promote oral hygiene represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Dental Handpieces Market Size in 2022
|US$ 1.67 Billion
|Dental Handpieces Market Forecast in 2028
|US$ 2.28 Billion
|Dental Handpieces Market Growth Rate 2023-2028
Dental handpieces are power-driven tools that are used to perform various dental procedures, such as treating tooth decay. They comprise high-speed, low-speed, electric, surgical, endodontic, and implant handpieces. They rely on connectors to get attached to dental unit tubing for receiving water and air. They are mainly manufactured from titanium due to its high durability, lightweight, and resistance against repeated cycles of sterilization. Dental handpieces are powered by electric motors or air turbines to remove old fillings and place new ones. They are used to prepare cavities for restoration or crowns, remove tooth structure and create margins, and section a tooth during surgery. They are combined with diamond burs to grind harder surfaces, such as enamel. As a result, they find extensive applications in hospitals and dental clinics across the globe.
At present, there is a rise in the demand for advanced dental care services, such as cosmetic and laser dentistry, compared to traditional dental services around the world. This, along with the thriving healthcare industry, is offering lucrative growth opportunities to industry investors. Besides this, governing agencies of several countries are undertaking initiatives to promote oral hygiene, which is currently positively influencing the market. In addition, the rising awareness among oral care specialists and practitioners about the benefits of using dental handpieces is strengthening the growth of the market. Moreover, the growing utilization of electrical dental handpieces to reduce noise levels in clinics compared to air handpieces across the globe is offering a favorable market outlook. Apart from this, there is an increase in the demand for novel computer-aided imaging technology that enables practitioners to prepare precise dental treatments around the world. This, coupled with the increasing occurrence of dental caries due to the high consumption of tobacco, alcohol, an unhealthy diet, and sugary food products, is propelling the growth of the market. Additionally, key manufacturers are investing in research and development (R&D) activities to introduce ceramic bearings and smart coatings for increased grip. In line with this, they are developing dental handpieces with light-emitting diodes (LEDs) to provide light intraorally, which is supporting the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global dental handpieces market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, speed, and end-user.
- Air-Driven Handpieces
- Electric Handpieces
- Hybrid Air-Electric Handpieces
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the dental handpieces market based on the product. This includes air-driven, electric, and hybrid air-electric handpieces. According to the report, air-driven handpieces represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the dental handpieces market based on the speed has also been provided in the report. This includes high-speed and low-speed. According to the report, high-speed dental handpieces accounted for the largest market share.
- Dental Clinics
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the dental handpieces market based on the end-user. This includes dental clinics, hospitals, and others. According to the report, hospitals hold the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for dental handpieces. Some of factors driving the North America dental handpieces market are the rising geriatric population, enhanced medical infrastructure, and advancements in preventive and restorative dental treatments.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global dental handpieces market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include A-dec Inc., Bien-Air Dental SA, Dentalez Inc., Dentflex, Dentsply Sirona, J. Morita Corporation, Medidenta International Inc., Nouvag AG, NSK Ltd., Osada Inc., SciCan Ltd. (Coltene Holding AG), Sinol Dental Limited, Ttbio Corporation (Thunder Tiger Corporation), W&H Group, etc. Kindly, note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Product, Speed, End-User, Region
| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
|United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
|A-dec Inc., Bien-Air Dental SA, Dentalez Inc., Dentflex, Dentsply Sirona, J. Morita Corporation, Medidenta International Inc., Nouvag AG, NSK Ltd., Osada Inc., SciCan Ltd. (Coltene Holding AG), Sinol Dental Limited, Ttbio Corporation (Thunder Tiger Corporation), W&H Group, etc.
|10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
|Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
|PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global dental handpieces market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global dental handpieces market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive dental handpieces markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the speed?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-user?
- What is the competitive structure of the global dental handpieces market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global dental handpieces market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the dental handpieces market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global dental handpieces market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the dental handpieces industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.