The East Africa generic drug market size reached US$ 2.1 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 3.2 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.9% during 2023-2028.
Generic drugs are medications that contain the same active ingredients and have the same therapeutic effect as their branded counterparts. These drugs may differ in packaging but are identical in quality, strength, dosage, performance, and efficiency. As they are cost-efficient, the demand for generic drugs is escalating in the East African region.
The market is primarily driven by rapid urbanization, along with improving infrastructure and healthcare facilities in the East African region. Apart from this, governments of different countries in the region are introducing price control policies and import restrictions to encourage domestic drug manufacturing. This, in turn, is propelling the growth of the generic drugs market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the East Africa generic drug market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on segment, therapy area, drug delivery and distribution channel.
Breakup by Segment:
- Unbranded Generics
- Branded Generics
Breakup by Therapy Area:
- Central Nervous System
Breakup by Drug Delivery:
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
Breakup by Country:
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Segment, Therapy Area, Drug Delivery, Distribution Channel, Country
||Uganda, Burundi, Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the East Africa generic drug market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the East Africa generic drug market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the segment?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the therapy area?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the drug delivery?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the market?
- What is the structure of the East Africa generic drug market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the market?