The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “India Edible Oil Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the India edible oil market size reached 24.3 Million Tons in 2022. Edible oil is the fatty liquid extracted from various vegetable- and animal-based sources at lower temperatures.It is a rich source of polyunsaturated fatty acids, essential fat-soluble vitamins, and minerals, such as zinc, phytosterols, and selenium. It is widely used in households, hotels, cafes, food processing units, and restaurants for frying, baking, and other types of cooking. It is also used in food preparations that do not involve heat, such as salad dressings and dips. As edible oils increase the nutritional value of the food items and provide distinct texture and flavor, they are extensively utilized to prepare various Indian dishes.
India Edible Oil Market Trends:
With the growing prevalence of chronic diseases and the rising awareness regarding the health benefits of organic and low-cholesterol edible oil, various regional manufacturers are launching healthy product variants enriched with omega-3, vitamins, and natural antioxidants. This represents one of the key factors driving the market growth in India. Besides this, the escalating demand for edible oil in the food processing sector as food preservatives and flavoring agents is also contributing to the market growth. Moreover, the elevating living standards of consumers and increasing penetration of international culinary trends have led to the escalated demand for premium product variants, such as olive oil, sesame oil, and flaxseed oil. This, coupled with the expanding agriculture industry and the implementation of several initiatives for enhancing the production of oilseeds in the country, are positively influencing the market growth. Furthermore, the Government of India is making continuous efforts to reduce the import dependency and increase the domestic availability of edible oil, which is also creating a favorable market outlook across the country. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market volume to reach 26.7 Million Tons by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 1.55% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- On the basis of the type, the market has been segregated into the palm, soybean, mustard, sunflower, and other oils.
- Based on the packaging type, the market has been categorized into pouches, jars, cans, and bottles.
- On the basis of the packaging material, the market has been classified into metal, plastic, paper, and others.
- Based on the pack size, the market has been segmented into less than 1 liter, 1 liter, 1-5 liters, 5-10 liters, and 10 liters and above.
- On the basis of the domestic manufacturing/imports, the market has been bifurcated into domestic manufacturing and imports.
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into HoReCa, home users, and food processing industry.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been classified into direct/institutional sales, supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, online, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North India, South India, East India, and West and Central India.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed in the report, with the detailed profiles of the major players operating in the industry.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Packaging Type, Packaging Material, Pack Size, Domestic Manufacturing/Imports, Application, Distribution Channel, Region
||North India, West and Central India, East India, South India
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800