The global educational tourism market size reached US$ 368 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 776.4 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 13.30% during 2023-2028. Significant growth in the education industry, favorable government policies, and inflating disposable income of consumers represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 368 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 776.4 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Educational tourism refers to traveling for educational and cultural opportunities. It includes study abroad programs, language immersion courses, cultural exchanges, and educational tours of historical sites and landmarks. These programs comprise language classes, cultural workshops, historical tours, and community service projects and can be customized to suit the needs and interests of individuals or groups. Educational tourism offers travelers numerous opportunities to learn and grow in a new and exciting environment by immersing themselves in the culture, history, and language of a foreign country or region. It helps individuals gain a global perspective and develop intercultural competence and develop new skills and knowledge that can be applied in their personal and professional lives.
Educational Tourism Market Trends:
The increasing inclination toward cultural exchange programs among students and travelers and the growing emphasis on international education is one of the primary factors driving the market growth. Concurrent with this, the prospects of better career opportunities, acquiring new skills, experiencing different cultures, and gaining independence are urging students toward educational tourism and positively impacting the market growth. In addition to this, the inflating disposable income of individuals, demand for better education, availability of popular options around the world, and the shifting popularity of experiential learning as individuals seek hands-on, immersive learning experiences are contributing to the market growth. Moreover, the extensive investment in education and training by governments and organizations leading to an increase in educational travel for professional development is presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. Furthermore, the bolstering growth of the education sector, the proliferation of online booking platforms, advancements in transportation infrastructure and technology, effective marketing strategies of universities, and emerging educational travel destinations are creating a favorable outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global educational tourism market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on age group, education, and occupation.
Age Group Insights:
- Less Than 15 Years
- 16-25 Years
- 26-40 Years
- 41-55 Years
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the educational tourism market based on age group. This includes less than 15, 16-25, 26-40, and 41-55 years. According to the report, 16-25 years represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the educational tourism market based on education has also been provided in the report. This includes primary, secondary, college and post-graduation. According to the report, college accounted for the largest market share.
- Government Officials
- Corporation Managers
- Enterprise Owners
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the educational tourism market based on occupation. This includes students, teachers, government officials, corporation managers, enterprise owners, workers, and others. According to the report, students represented the largest segment.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for educational tourism. Some of the factors driving the North America educational tourism market included the growing demand for experiential learning opportunities, inflating disposable income of individuals, and a rising number of institutes offering study abroad programs.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global educational tourism market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include AAI Edutourz Pvt. Ltd., ACE Cultural Tours, ACIS Educational Tours, Atlantis Erudition & Travel Services Pvt. Ltd., Capital Tours Inc., Educational Tours, Inc., EF Education First, Global Educational Travel, Goireland, Qadri International Education Consultancy, World Expeditions Travel Group Pty Ltd., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Educational Tourism Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical Trends and Market Outlook, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment: ·
- Age Group
|Age Groups Covered
||Less Than 15 Years, 16-25 Years, 26-40 Years, 41-55 Years
||Primary, Secondary, College, Post-Graduation
||Students, Teachers, Government Officials, Corporation Managers, Enterprise Owners, Workers, Others
||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AAI Edutourz Pvt. Ltd., ACE Cultural Tours, ACIS Educational Tours, Atlantis Erudition & Travel Services Pvt. Ltd., Capital Tours Inc., Educational Tours, Inc., EF Education First, Global Educational Travel, Goireland, Qadri International Education Consultancy, World Expeditions Travel Group Pty Ltd., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global educational tourism market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global educational tourism market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global educational tourism market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive educational tourism market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the age group?
- Which is the most attractive age group in the educational tourism market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on education?
- Which is the most attractive education in the educational tourism market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the occupation?
- Which is the most attractive occupation in the educational tourism market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global educational tourism market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global educational tourism market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the educational tourism market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global educational tourism market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the educational tourism industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.