The global electronic data interchange (EDI) market size reached US$ 34.4 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 55.72 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.12% during 2023-2028. The significant growth in the retail industry, increasing demand for cloud-based EDI, and integration of blockchain technology represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 34.4 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 55.72 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Electronic data interchange (EDI) refers to a method of communication between businesses for exchanging documents and information in a standard format. It replaces paper-based processes with electronic transactions that can be transmitted, received, and processed more quickly and accurately. EDI is widely used for order processing, invoicing, shipment tracking, inventory management, customs declarations, medical claims, patient records, permit applications, and the exchange of financial data. It is a cost-effective and highly efficient solution that allows seamless communication, reduces the need for manual data entry, and enables faster processing time. EDI also improves production efficiency, streamlines business processes, enhances customer satisfaction, increases collaboration among partners, and reduces the risk of errors and delays. As a result, it finds extensive applications across the banking, financial services, and insurance (BFSI), logistics, manufacturing, retail, healthcare, automotive, telecommunication, and transportation industries.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Market Trends:
The significant growth in the retail industry is one of the primary factors driving the market growth. EDI is widely used by retailers to exchange data with suppliers, manage inventory, track shipments of goods, place orders, optimize the supply chain, and automate various processes, which, in turn, improves efficiency, reduces cost, minimizes errors, increases sales, and eliminates the issues of stockouts and overstocks. Furthermore, the increasing demand for cloud-based EDI solutions that provide real-time data exchange, facilitate better communication between business partners, and offers easy accessibility, scalability, and cost-effectiveness is positively influencing the market growth. Additionally, the integration of blockchain technology to increase the security and transparency of EDI, which helps to prevent fraud, improve reliability, minimize downtime, and assist users in verifying data quickly, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Apart from this, the widespread utilization of EDI in the automotive industry to manage transportation, improve delivery times, track vehicle repairs, maintain quality standards, and ensure smooth communication between manufacturers, suppliers, and customers, is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Moreover, the increasing adoption of EDI by various government agencies to exchange tax records, customs declarations, licenses, insurance claims, and permit applications is propelling the market growth. Other factors, including increasing international trade activities, rising demand for efficient supply chain management, widespread adoption of EDI in the healthcare industry, and the incorporation of advanced technologies, such as the Internet of Things (IoT) and artificial intelligence (AI), are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global electronic data interchange (EDI) market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, enterprise size, and end user.
- Direct EDI
- EDI Via AS2
- EDI Via VAN
- Mobile EDI
- Web EDI
- EDI Outsourcing
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the electronic data interchange (EDI) market based on the type. This includes direct EDI, EDI via AS2, EDI via VAN, mobile EDI, web EDI, EDI outsourcing, and others. According to the report, EDI via VAN represented the largest segment.
Enterprise Size Insights:
- Large Enterprise
- Small and Medium-sized Enterprise
A detailed breakup and analysis of the electronic data interchange (EDI) market based on the enterprise size has also been provided in the report. This includes large and small and medium-sized enterprise.
End User Insights:
- Retail and Consumer Goods
- IT and Telecommunication
- Transportation and Logistics
A detailed breakup and analysis of the electronic data interchange (EDI) market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes retail and consumer goods, BFSI, healthcare, IT and telecommunication, transportation and logistics, and others. According to the report, retail and consumer goods accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for electronic data interchange (EDI). Some of the factors driving the North America electronic data interchange (EDI) market included rapid industrialization, increasing government initiatives, and significant technological advancements.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global electronic data interchange (EDI) market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Cleo Communications Inc, Comarch S A, Crossinx GmbH, EDICOM, Epicor Software Corporation, International Business Machines Corporation, Mulesoft, LLC (Salesforce Inc.), Open Text Corporation, Optum, Inc, Oracle Corporation, Rocket Software Inc., SPS Commerce, Inc., TrueCommerce Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Enterprise Size
- End User
||Direct EDI, EDI Via AS2, EDI Via VAN, Mobile EDI, Web EDI, EDI Outsourcing, Others
|Enterprise Sizes Covered
||Large Enterprise, Small and Medium-sized Enterprise
|End Users Covered
||Retail and Consumer Goods, BFSI, Healthcare, IT and Telecommunication, Transportation and Logistics, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Cleo Communications Inc, Comarch S A, Crossinx GmbH, EDICOM, Epicor Software Corporation, International Business Machines Corporation, Mulesoft, LLC (Salesforce Inc.), Open Text Corporation, Optum, Inc, Oracle Corporation, Rocket Software Inc., SPS Commerce, Inc., TrueCommerce Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global electronic data interchange (EDI) market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global electronic data interchange (EDI) market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global electronic data interchange (EDI) market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive electronic data interchange (EDI) market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the electronic data interchange (EDI) market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the enterprise size?
- Which is the most attractive enterprise size in the electronic data interchange (EDI) market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the electronic data interchange (EDI) market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global electronic data interchange (EDI) market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global electronic data interchange (EDI) market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the electronic data interchange (EDI) market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global electronic data interchange (EDI) market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the electronic data interchange (EDI) industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.