The global electrophoresis equipment market size reached US$ 1.84 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2.52 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.27% during 2023-2028. Significant improvements in the healthcare infrastructure and various product innovations represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Electrophoresis equipment is a laboratory tool used to separate or purify molecules based on charge, size, and binding affinity. It is widely used to analyze large molecules, such as nucleic acids, plasmids, deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA), ribonucleic acid (RNA), proteins, and fragments of these macromolecules by passing an electric current from end to end. Electrophoresis equipment is manufactured using an electrophoretic chamber which consists of a hard plastic box or tank with a cathode at one end and an anode at the opposite end. It is used in various applications, including vaccines, antibody analysis, hemoglobinopathies, and drug quality control. As a result, electrophoresis equipment finds extensive applications in forensic investigation, molecular biology, genetics, and microbiological labs to identify source DNA and manipulate protein molecules.
Electrophoresis Equipment Market Trends:
A significant increase in research and development activities across the globe is creating a positive outlook for the market. Electrophoresis equipment is extensively helpful in the rising number of ongoing biological research projects and initiatives regarding novel medicine discovery. In line with this, the increasing complexities in the treatment of diseases, such as genetically transmitted diseases, cancer, and various disorders, are favoring the market growth. Moreover, the widespread product adoption in the pharmaceutical industry for quality control of various formulations by analyzing and identifying the drug content, studying DNA fragments, and testing antibiotics and vaccines are acting as another growth-inducing factor. Along with this, the increasing utilization of capillary electrophoresis in the process of microbial detection and separation is propelling the market growth. Additionally, the widespread adoption of capillary electrophoresis during the Covid-19 pandemic to develop a cost-effective identification approach for novel SARS-CoV-2 variants, allowing local facilities to test and track SARS-CoV-2 variations is providing an impetus to the market growth. Apart from this, the introduction of microfluidic electrophoresis platforms to polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis that offers highly promising results is facilitating the market growth. Furthermore, increasing approvals from the regulatory authorities and the launch of an immunotyping device used to detect and identify monoclonal proteins in serum and urine are positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including extensive research and development (R&D) activities, improvements in the healthcare infrastructure and the implementation of various government initiatives regarding pharmaceutical products’ quality control and process validation, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global electrophoresis equipment market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, type and end user.
Product Type Insights:
- Gel Electrophoresis Systems
- Capillary Electrophoresis Systems
- Electrophoresis Accessories
The report has also provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the electrophoresis equipment market based on the product type. This includes gel electrophoresis systems, capillary electrophoresis systems, and electrophoresis accessories. According to the report, gel electrophoresis systems represented the largest segment.
- Vertical Electrophoresis
- Horizontal Electrophoresis
A detailed breakup and analysis of the electrophoresis equipment market based on the type has also been provided in the report. This includes vertical and horizontal electrophoresis. According to the report, vertical electrophoresis accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights:
- Hospitals and Diagnostics Centers
- Academic and Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
The report has also provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the electrophoresis equipment market based on the end user. This includes hospitals and diagnostics centers, academic and research institutes, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and others. According to the report, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies represented the largest segment.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for electrophoresis equipment. Some of the factors driving the North America electrophoresis equipment market growth included its extensive application in the pharmaceutical industry, several product innovations, extensive research and development activities, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global electrophoresis equipment market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Agilent Technologies Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Cleaver Scientific Ltd., Edvotek Inc., Flinn Scientific Inc., Hoefer Inc. (Harvard Bioscience Inc.), Lonza Group AG, Lumex Instruments, Merck KGaA, Nova-Tech International Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., Qiagen N.V., SERVA Electrophoresis GmbH, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Product Type, Type, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Agilent Technologies Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Cleaver Scientific Ltd., Edvotek Inc., Flinn Scientific Inc., Hoefer Inc. (Harvard Bioscience Inc.), Lonza Group AG, Lumex Instruments, Merck KGaA, Nova-Tech International Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., Qiagen N.V., SERVA Electrophoresis GmbH, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global electrophoresis equipment market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global electrophoresis equipment market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive electrophoresis equipment markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on end user?
- What is the competitive structure of the global electrophoresis equipment market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global electrophoresis equipment market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the electrophoresis equipment market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global electrophoresis equipment market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the electrophoresis equipment industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.