The Europe chia seeds market is expected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.44% during 2023-2028.
Chia seeds are the edible seeds that are obtained from the Salvia Hispanica plant. These seeds are primarily available in the form of oil, powder, whole grain, or milled/ground chia. Chia seeds contain a high amount of omega-3 fatty acids and proteins that help in maintaining good heart health, lowering blood sugar levels, boosting metabolism, improving digestion, etc. As a result, these seeds are widely used in functional foods and beverages, dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals, personal care items, cosmetics, etc.
In Europe, the increasing consumer health concerns towards the high prevalence of several lifestyle diseases, such as obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular ailments, etc., are driving the consumption of chia seeds. Furthermore, the growing popularity of nutritional grains and multi-cereal-based products owing to their numerous health benefits, easy storage, and minimal preparation time, is also propelling the market growth. Additionally, the rising utilization of chia seeds in various snacks, baked goods, healthy beverages, and seed mixes, is further catalyzing the product demand in the region. Moreover, the growing consumer health consciousness is also propelling the need for gluten-free, organic, and low-calorie food ingredients, including chia seeds. Apart from this, the increasing awareness towards numerous skin benefits of chia seeds in preventing premature skin aging and inflammation is further driving their usage in natural skincare products. In the coming years, the changing consumer preferences from a meat-based diet towards vegan alternatives will further continue to drive the market for chia seeds in Europe.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the Europe chia seeds market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on category, form, type, application and distribution channel.
Breakup by Category:
Breakup by Form:
- Whole Chia
- Milled/Ground Chia
- Pre-hydrate Chia
- Chia Oil
Breakup by Type:
Breakup by Application:
- Foods and Beverages
- Pharmaceuticals and Nutraceuticals
- Personal Care and Cosmetics
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
Breakup by Country:
- United Kingdom
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined with some of the key players being Agropecuaria Chia Corp Bolivia SA., Benexia Europa S.A, Chia Bia, Glanbia PLC and Naturkost Übelhör GmbH & Co. KG.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Category, Form, Type, Application, Distribution Channel, Country
||Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Denmark, Russia, Netherlands, Others
||Agropecuaria Chia Corp Bolivia SA., Benexia Europa S.A, Chia Bia, Glanbia PLC and Naturkost Übelhör GmbH & Co. KG
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Europe chia seeds market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Europe chia seeds market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the category?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the form?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the Europe chia seeds market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?