The Europe cyber insurance market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 20.80% during 2023-2028. The imposition of stringent regulation by regional governments, increasing number of cyber-attacks, integration of innovative technologies, rising internet penetration across the region, escalating online shopping, and increasing realization among corporate businesses represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Cyber insurance refers to a specific category of insurance created to shield businesses and individuals from risks associated with Internet-based deceptions and threats targeting information technology (IT) systems. Its purpose is to alleviate losses arising from a range of cyber-related events, such as damage to networks, instances of cyber extortion, and breaches of data. Cyber insurance encompasses first-party and third-party protections and incorporates aspects, such as the covering of legal expenses, costs associated with notifying affected parties, safeguarding identity, assistance with public relations, and recuperation of losses from business interruptions. Cyber insurance is provided by various entities such as traditional insurance providers, reinsurance firms, specialized cyber insurance companies, financial organizations, risk management companies, technology corporations, and various industry associations. Its applications span across multiple sectors, such as finance, healthcare, retail, manufacturing, energy, transportation, education, government, media, and hospitality. It provides several benefits, such as support for managing risks, reimbursement for loss of data, liability coverage for network security, defenses against violations of intellectual property rights, and a cost-efficient means to adhere to legal mandates. Along with this, it aids in forming a disciplined cybersecurity strategy, building confidence among consumers, preserving the integrity of the business, and fortifying the overall resilience of operations.
Europe Cyber Insurance Market Trends:
The imposition of stringent regulations by regional governments, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which mandates businesses to protect the data privacy of their clients and customers, is propelling the market growth. Along with this, the increasing number of cyber-attacks, such as ransomware and phishing attacks, which are pushing companies to seek proper insurance coverage, is fueling the market growth. Apart from this, the integration of innovative technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) algorithms, to assess risk and provide personalized coverage solutions is strengthening the market growth. Furthermore, the rising internet penetration across the region, coupled with the increasing dependency of local businesses on digital platforms, is contributing to the market growth. In addition, the escalating online shopping and the growing demand to secure sensitive customer data are prompting e-commerce platforms to adopt cyber insurance policies. Moreover, the increasing realization among corporate businesses regarding the importance of cybersecurity is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Along with this, the growing awareness and adoption of cyber insurance among small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), given their vulnerability to attacks, is favoring the market growth. Other factors, including rapid digital transformation, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and increasing adoption of cloud-based services, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Europe Cyber Insurance Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Europe Cyber insurance market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on component, insurance type, organization size, and end use industry.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the component. This includes solution and service.
Insurance Type Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the insurance type. This includes packaged and stand-alone.
Organization Size Insights:
- Small and Medium-sized enterprises
- Large Enterprises
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the organization size. This includes small and medium-sized enterprises and large enterprises.
End Use Industry Insights:
- IT and Telecom
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the end use industry. This includes BFSI, healthcare, IT and Telecom, retail, and others.
- United Kingdom
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
Europe Cyber Insurance Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Insurance Type
- Organization Size
- End Use Industry
|Insurance Types Covered
|Organization Sizes Covered
||Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, Large Enterprises
|End Use Industries Covered
||BFSI, Healthcare, IT and Telecom, Retail, Others
||Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Europe Cyber insurance market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Europe Cyber insurance market?
- What is the breakup of the Europe Cyber insurance market on the basis of component?
- What is the breakup of the Europe Cyber insurance market on the basis of insurance type?
- What is the breakup of the Europe Cyber insurance market on the basis of organization size?
- What is the breakup of the Europe Cyber insurance market on the basis of end use industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Europe Cyber insurance market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Europe Cyber insurance market?
- What is the structure of the Europe Cyber insurance market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Europe Cyber insurance market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Europe Cyber insurance market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the Europe Cyber insurance market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the Europe Cyber insurance industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.