The Europe electronic toll collection market size reached US$ 2.0 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 4.4 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.9% during 2024-2032.
Market Size in 2023
|US$ 2.0 Billion
Market Forecast in 2032
|US$ 4.4 Billion
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Electronic toll collection (ETC) automatically performs various functions at toll booths using sophisticated cameras and sensors. It relies on automatic vehicle classification (AVC), automatic vehicle identification (AVI) and violation enforcement system (VES) to reduce overall toll-collection costs and provide improved service to users. It also increases data quality and reduces traffic congestion and fuel consumption on toll bridges. At present, the integration of video analytics, radio-frequency identification (RFID), dedicated short-range communications (DSRC), global navigation satellite system (GNSS) and global positioning system (GPS) is increasing the adoption of ETC in Europe.
The well-established transportation and logistics sectors are positively influencing the demand for ETC systems on roads and highways of Europe. Apart from this, the European Commission is funding various projects to improve smart transportation systems in the region. For instance, Pilot on Interoperable Systems for Tolling Applications (PISTA) is a research project that aims at implementing and monitoring the interoperable Electronic Fee Collection (EFC) system throughout Europe. However, due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak and consequent lockdowns imposed by governments of various countries, transportation activities in the region have reduced significantly. This, in turn, is negatively impacting the market growth. The market will experience growth once normalcy is acquired.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the Europe electronic toll collection market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country level from 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on technology, system, subsystem, offering, toll charging and application.
Breakup by Technology:
Breakup by System:
- Transponder - or Tag-Based Toll Collection Systems
- Other Toll Collection Systems
Breakup by Subsystem:
- Automated Vehicle Identification
- Automated Vehicle Classification
- Violation Enforcement System
- Transaction Processing
Breakup by Offering:
- Back Office and Other Services
Breakup by Toll Charging:
- Distance Based
- Point Based
- Time Based
- Perimeter Based
Breakup by Application:
Breakup by Country:
- United Kingdom
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Technology, System, Subsystem, Offering, Toll Charging, Application, Country
||Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Europe electronic toll collection market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Europe electronic toll collection market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the system?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the subsystem?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the offering?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the toll charging?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the Europe electronic toll collection market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?