According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Europe Flat Glass Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the Europe flat glass market reached a value of US$ 19.0 Billion in 2021. Flat glass, also known as a plate or sheet glass, is an amorphous material manufactured using raw materials such as silica sand, limestone, soda ash, dolomite, and glass cullet. It is produced by pouring the molten glass into chambers under controlled thermal and chemical conditions to ensure toughness. It is widely utilized in windows, doors, tabletops, automobiles, mirrors, soundproofing, and solar panels. Flat glass is also utilized in the production of numerous electronics, such as televisions (TV), tablets, and smartphones. Besides this, it is easy to maintain and offers a high degree of light penetration, superior clarity, customization, and resistance to scratches and temperature changes.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Europe Flat Glass Market Trends:
The Europe flat glass market is primarily being driven by significant growth in the construction industry. Flat glass is extensively used in the construction of commercial and residential buildings for interior design, tempered products, balustrades, stairs, and balcony railings. Furthermore, the increasing adoption of laminated glass in the automotive and transportation industries due to its impact resistance, noise reduction, and ultraviolet (UV) protection properties is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) in the manufacturing process to stabilize temperature, increase production rate, maintain quality, and reduce rejects is providing an impetus to the market growth. Moreover, increasing product demand as protective shielding in solar applications due to rising investment in renewable energy sources by regional governments is creating a positive outlook for the market. In addition, the consideration of flat glass manufacturing as an environmentally sustainable activity due to the increasing inclination to reduce carbon emissions by the European Commission (EC) is supporting the market growth. Other factors, including the introduction of superior-quality glass with improved designs, higher toughness, transparency, growing infrastructural development, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 23.6 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.69% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of technology, the market has been divided into float, sheet, and rolled glass.
- Based on the product type, the market has been categorized into basic float, toughened, coated, laminated, insulated, extra clear glass, and others.
- On the basis of the raw material, the market has been classified into sand, soda ash, recycled glass, dolomite, limestone, and others.
- Based on the end use, the market has been divided into safety and security, solar control, and others.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into fabricated and non-fabricated.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been classified into construction, automotive, solar energy, electronics, and others.
- On the basis of country, the market has been categorized into Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and Others.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800