The Europe gene therapy market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 14.20% during 2023-2028. The significant advancements in gene editing technologies, escalating prevalence of genetic disorders, increasing investment in research and development (R&D) activities, and favorable regulatory policies represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Gene therapy refers to a pioneering medical technique designed to treat or prevent diseases by modifying genes in the body’s cells. It involves the introduction, removal, or alteration of genetic material within a patient’s cells to correct defective genes responsible for disease development. Gene therapy is comprised of several components, including the therapeutic deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) itself, a vector to deliver the DNA into cells, and various gene manipulation techniques, such as clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR). It is extensively used in the treatment of cancers, viral infections, cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), neurological disorders, autoimmune diseases, age-related diseases, certain forms of blindness, and genetic disorders, such as hemophilia, sickle cell disease, and cystic fibrosis. Gene therapy is a highly effective treatment option that offers cures for diseases currently untreatable, reduces healthcare expenditure over the long term, minimizes the burden of disease on patients and families, and improves patients' quality of life.
Europe Gene Therapy Market Trends:
The Europe gene therapy market is driven by the significant advancement in gene editing technologies, such as CRISPR/Cas9, which facilitate efficient gene editing, thus enhancing the efficiency of treatment procedures. Furthermore, the escalating prevalence of genetic disorders and cancer in Europe is pushing the demand for innovative treatment strategies, such as gene therapy, that are highly effective and do not cause side effects. Additionally, the increasing investment in research and development (R&D) activities by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to develop effective gene therapies is contributing to the market growth. Along with this, the implementation of favorable regulatory guidelines by the European regulatory authorities for gene therapy trials and products is propelling the market growth. Moreover, the emergence of advanced vector delivery systems, which improve the efficacy of gene therapy procedures and reduce treatment time, is strengthening the market growth. In addition, the growing awareness about gene therapy and its potential benefits among healthcare providers and patients is stimulating the market growth. Besides this, the rising strategic collaborations and partnerships among universities, research institutions, and companies to expedite gene therapy development and commercialization are catalyzing the market growth. Apart from this, the growing geriatric population in Europe, which is highly susceptible to various age-related diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, osteoarthritis, and age-related macular degeneration (AMD), is fueling the market growth. Additionally, the rising healthcare expenditure and the willingness to adopt new, innovative therapies among the masses are supporting the market growth. Other factors, including the increasing number of gene therapy clinical trials, rapid advancements in vector production, and the growing emphasis on personalized medicine, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Europe Gene Therapy Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Europe gene therapy market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on gene type, vector type, delivery method, and application.
Gene Type Insights:
- Tumor Suppressor
- Suicide Gene
- Growth Factors
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on gene type. This includes antigen, cytokine, tumor suppressor, suicide gene, deficiency, growth factors, receptors, and others.
Vector Type Insights:
- Viral Vector
- Adeno-Associated Virus
- Herpes Simplex Virus
- Vaccinia Virus
- Non-Viral Techniques
- Naked and Plasmid Vectors
- Gene Gun
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the vector type has also been provided in the report. This includes viral vector (adenoviruses, lentiviruses, retroviruses, adeno-associated virus, herpes simplex virus, poxvirus, vaccinia virus, and others) and non-viral techniques (naked and plasmid vectors, gene gun, electroporation, lipofection, and others).
Delivery Method Insights:
- In-Vivo Gene Therapy
- Ex-Vivo Gene Therapy
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the delivery method. This includes in-vivo and ex-vivo gene therapy.
- Oncological Disorders
- Rare Diseases
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Neurological Disorders
- Infectious Disease
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the application. This includes oncological disorders, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases, neurological disorders, infectious disease, and others.
- United Kingdom
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
Europe Gene Therapy Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Gene Type
- Vector Type
- Delivery Method
|Gene Types Covered
||Antigen, Cytokine, Tumor Suppressor, Suicide Gene, Deficiency, Growth Factors, Receptors, Others
|Vector Types Covered
- Viral Vector: Adenoviruses, Lentiviruses, Retroviruses, Adeno-Associated Virus, Herpes Simplex Virus, Poxvirus, Vaccinia Virus, Others
- Non-Viral Techniques: Naked and Plasmid Vectors, Gene Gun, Electroporation, Lipofection, Others
|Delivery Methods Covered
||In-Vivo Gene Therapy, Ex-Vivo Gene Therapy
||Oncological Disorders, Rare diseases, Cardiovascular Diseases, Neurological Disorders, Infectious Disease, Others
||Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Europe gene therapy market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Europe gene therapy market?
- What is the breakup of the Europe gene therapy market on the basis of gene type?
- What is the breakup of the Europe gene therapy market on the basis of vector type?
- What is the breakup of the Europe gene therapy market on the basis of delivery method?
- What is the breakup of the Europe gene therapy market on the basis of application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Europe gene therapy market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Europe gene therapy market?
- What is the structure of the Europe gene therapy market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Europe gene therapy market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Europe gene therapy market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the Europe gene therapy market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the Europe gene therapy industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.