The Europe microdisplay market size reached US$ 896 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1,650 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 10.8% during 2023-2028.
A microdisplay is a miniature display unit that provides microlevel resolution and a diagonal screen size of fewer than two inches. It is mainly available in two varieties, namely transmissive displays, which allow light to pass through the display without reflection, and reflective microdisplays, which divert the light into the projection path to form an image. Microdisplays use Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCoS) that helps in rapid light modulation for creating images. They also create large images from a lightweight and small unit and can integrate drivers with display chips as opposed to the conventional direct-view displays like CRT and flat-panel LCD.
The Europe microdisplay market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for microdisplays from the aerospace and defense sectors. Due to the rising need to improve the flexibility in defense-related operations, the adoption of electronic systems such as HMDs for effective and real-time information gathering has increased. Along with this, there has been a rise in the utilization of microdisplays in the automotive industry due to vehicle safety regulations implemented by the European Union (EU). This has prompted automotive OEMs across the region to focus on integrating safety features in automobiles, resulting in the adoption of high-resolution and head-mounted displays (HMD). Additionally, microdisplays are compact in size and offer low power consumption, high resolution and excellent image quality, which is providing a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the Europe microdisplay market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, technology, resolution, brightness and end user.
Breakup by Product:
- Near-To-Eye (NTE) Devices
- Head-Up Display (HUD)
Breakup by Technology:
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)
- Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCOS)
- Organic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED)
- Digital Light Processing (DLP)
Breakup by Resolution:
- Lower Than HD
- Higher Than FHD
Breakup by Brightness:
- Less Than 500 Nits
- 500–1,000 Nits
- More Than 1,000 Nits
Breakup by End User:
- Industrial and Enterprise
- Military, Defense, and Aerospace
- Sports and Entertainment
- Retail and Hospitality
Breakup by Country:
- United Kingdom
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
Scope of the Report
Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- End User
||Near-To-Eye (NTE) Devices, Head-Up Display (HUD), Projector, Others
||Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCOS), Organic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED), Digital Light Processing (DLP)
||Lower Than HD, HD, FHD, Higher Than FHD
||Less Than 500 Nits, 500–1,000 Nits, More Than 1,000 Nits
|End Users Covered
||Consumer, Industrial and Enterprise ,Automotive, Military, Defense, and Aerospace, Sports and Entertainment, Retail and Hospitality, Medical, Education, Others
||Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Europe microdisplay market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Europe microdisplay market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the resolution?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the brightness?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the Europe microdisplay market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?