The Europe organic food market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 11.2% during 2023-2028. The rising health and environmental awareness, favorable regulatory frameworks, expanded distribution channels, strategic marketing, and the increasing availability of diverse organic products represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Organic food refers to the products grown, raised, or processed without the use of synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, antibiotics, genetically modified organisms (GMOs), and growth hormones. This term encompasses a wide range of agricultural products, including fruits, vegetables, grains, dairy, meat, and poultry. Organic farming originates from a commitment to environmental sustainability and health consciousness, adhering to rigorous standards that promote biodiversity, foster soil and water health, and reduce pollution. Organic products undergo stringent certification processes conducted by authorized agencies to verify their organic status. As a result, organic foods are of a premium price due to the high cost of production and certification. The global organic food market, presently expanding at a steady rate, reflects a growing awareness among consumers about nutrition and environmental impact, thereby driving the demand for more sustainable and responsible food choices.
Europe Organic Food Market Trends:
The organic food market in Europe is experiencing robust growth, powered by a confluence of socio-economic, health, and environmental factors. The escalating consumer awareness about the numerous health benefits associated with the uptake of organic food products, heightened by the COVID-19 pandemic, represents one of the key factors impelling the market growth. In addition to this, the surge in lifestyle diseases prompting a dietary shift towards wholesome, organic options is contributing to the market's growth. Concurrently, the escalating environmental consciousness among consumers and the extensive focus on sustainability and commitment towards biodiversity preservation are acting as another significant growth-inducing factor. Moreover, favorable regulatory frameworks established by the European Union (EU), including stringent standards for organic farming and food labeling, that instill consumer trust in organic products are influencing the market growth. In line with this, the EU's 'Farm to Fork Strategy,' part of the European Green Deal, seeks to make organic farming an integral part of the region's sustainable food system, bolstering the market growth. Furthermore, the widening distribution channels, particularly the burgeoning e-commerce sector and online retail platforms, are making organic foods accessible to a broader demographic, aiding in market expansion. Apart from this, strategic marketing initiatives and innovations by key players, who are capitalizing on the rising consumer demand by expanding their organic product ranges, are strengthening the market growth.
Europe Organic Food Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Europe organic food market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, distribution channel, and application.
Product Type Insights:
- Organic Fruits and Vegetables
- Organic Meat, Poultry and Dairy
- Organic Processed Food
- Organic Bread and Bakery
- Organic Beverages
- Organic Cereal and Food Grains
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the product type. This includes organic fruits and vegetables, meat, poultry and dairy, processed food, bread and bakery, beverages, cereal and food grains, and others.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Convenience Stores
- Online Stores
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes supermarkets and hypermarkets, specialty stores, convenience stores, online stores, and others.
- Bakery and Confectionery
- Ready-to-eat Food Products
- Breakfast Cereals
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the application. This includes bakery and confectionery, ready-to-eat food products, breakfast cereals, and others.
- United Kingdom
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the Europe organic food market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
Europe Organic Food Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Product Type
- Distribution Channel
|Product Types Covered
||Organic Fruits and Vegetables, Organic Meat, Poultry and Dairy, Organic Processed Food, Organic Bread and Bakery, Organic Beverages, Organic Cereal and Food Grains, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Specialty Stores, Convenience Stores, Online Stores, Others
||Bakery and Confectionery, Ready-to-eat Food Products, Breakfast Cereals, Others
||Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Others.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Europe organic food market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Europe organic food market?
- What is the breakup of the Europe organic food market on the basis of product type?
- What is the breakup of the Europe organic food market on the basis of distribution channel?
- What is the breakup of the Europe organic food market on the basis of application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Europe organic food market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Europe organic food market?
- What is the structure of the Europe organic food market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Europe organic food market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Europe organic food market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the Europe organic food market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the Europe organic food industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.