The Europe pet food market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.20% during 2023-2028. The increasing number of single-individual households and an aging demographic, the growing demand for high-quality, and premium pet food products, and the emergence of innovative pet food formats are some of the key factors driving the market.
Pet food is a specialized feed specifically crafted to meet the dietary needs of pets, typically dogs and cats, and also includes other domesticated animals. It is a blend of various nutrients, including fats, carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, and minerals that help maintain the pet's health, promote growth, increase lifespan, and improve the pet's overall well-being. Additionally, the formulation and ingredients used in pet food vary based on factors such as the pet's age, breed, size, and health status. It is commonly available in a variety of forms, including dry kibble, canned wet food, semi-moist food, and, more recently, raw and alternative diet foods. Presently, pet food is an essential commodity in households with pets, driven by a rising understanding of the need for nutritionally balanced diets for pets and the convenience offered by prepackaged pet foods over homemade meals. There are specialized diets designed for pets with specific health conditions or dietary sensitivities. These include weight management diets, grain-free options, limited ingredient diets, and therapeutic diets for pets with allergies, kidney issues, or other medical conditions.
Europe Pet Food Market Trends:
The Europe pet food market is witnessing significant growth fueled by the increasing pet ownership across Europe. This can be supported by the rise in the number of single-individual households and an aging demographic that values the companionship of pets. As pet owners are increasingly humanizing their pets and treating them as family members, there is a rise in demand for high-quality, premium pet food products. Along with this, pet health and wellness have become focal points, driving pet owners to seek out nutritionally balanced, specialized diet options for their pets, including organic, grain-free, and high-protein diets, further bolstering the market growth. The market is also witnessing the emergence of innovative pet food formats, such as freeze-dried and air-dried foods, catering to the demand for 'natural' and 'raw' diets. In addition, the market growth is underpinned by the rise of e-commerce in pet food sales, with online platforms offering convenience, extensive product selection, and competitive pricing. Apart from this, the growing awareness and concern regarding the environmental impact of pet food production is contributing to the market. Furthermore, the advent of sustainable and eco-friendly pet food, including plant-based and insect-protein options, is set to provide a new direction to the Europe pet food market, offering both a solution to environmental concerns and a novel nutritional approach for pet diets. This, in conjunction with the continued humanization of pets, is expected to drive the Europe pet food market's growth in the coming years.
Europe Pet Food Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Europe pet food market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on pet type, product type, pricing type, ingredient type, and distribution channel.
Pet Type Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the pet type. This includes dog food, cat food, and others.
Product Type Insights:
- Dry Pet Food
- Wet and Canned Pet Food
- Snacks and Treats
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the product type has also been provided in the report. This includes dry pet food, wet and canned pet food, and snacks and treats.
Pricing Type Insights:
- Mass Products
- Premium Products
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the pricing type. This includes mass products and premium products.
Ingredient Type Insights:
- Animal Derived
- Plant Derived
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the ingredient type has also been provided in the report. This includes animal derived and plant derived.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Online Stores
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the distribution channel. This includes supermarkets and hypermarkets, specialty stores, online stores, and others.
- United Kingdom
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and Others.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
Europe Pet Food Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Pet Type
- Product Type
- Pricing Type
- Ingredient Type
- Distribution Channel
|Pet Types Covered
||Dog Food, Cat Food, Others
|Product Types Covered
||Dry Pet Food, Wet and Canned Pet Food, Snacks and Treats
|Pricing Types Covered
||Mass Products, Premium Products
|Ingredient Types Covered
||Animal Derived, Plant Derived
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Specialty Stores, Online Stores, Others
||Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Europe pet food market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Europe pet food market?
- What is the breakup of the Europe pet food market on the basis of pet type?
- What is the breakup of the Europe pet food market on the basis of product type?
- What is the breakup of the Europe pet food market on the basis of pricing type?
- What is the breakup of the Europe pet food market on the basis of ingredient type?
- What is the breakup of the Europe pet food market on the basis of distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Europe pet food market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Europe pet food market?
- What is the structure of the Europe pet food market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Europe pet food market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Europe pet food market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the Europe pet food market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the Europe pet food industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.