The Europe private equity market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.0% during 2023-2028. The growing interest in alternative investment opportunities for funds to flow into private investments, the increasing number of start-ups and small and medium enterprises (SMEs), and the easy accessibility to experienced and specialized management teams in Europe represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Private equity refers to the investment in private companies, or the de-listing of public equity in order to produce funds for the company's operational requirements. These investments typically come from specialized private equity firms that pool funds from various investors to acquire, invest in, and sometimes actively manage businesses. Private equity involves the provision of capital to nurture expansion, new product development, or restructuring of the company's operations, management, or ownership. It encompasses a broad array of investment stages ranging from early-stage growth investments to late-stage buyouts. One of the distinguishing characteristics of private equity includes an enhanced focus on long-term value creation through active engagement with the company's management. The private equity firms align their interests with the management team and other stakeholders and often employ significant financial leverage to achieve their target returns. They exit their investments through various routes, including selling their stake to other investors, Initial Public Offerings (IPOs), or mergers and acquisitions.
Europe Private Equity Market Trends:
The market in Europe is primarily driven by the growing interest in alternative investment opportunities for funds to flow into private investments across various end-use sectors. In line with this, the increasing number of start-ups and small and medium enterprises (SMEs) is necessitating more investment from private equity firms, which in turn is providing an impetus to the market. Moreover, the easy accessibility to experienced and specialized management teams in Europe is facilitating the successful implementation of private equity strategies, which is acting as a significant growth-inducing factor for the market. In addition to this, favorable regulatory frameworks and supportive governmental policies creating a conducive environment is resulting in higher activity in the private equity sector. Besides this, the continuous development of financial markets along with the considerable rise in mergers and acquisitions (M&As) activity in Europe is leading to increased involvement of private equity players, creating lucrative opportunities in the market. Also, the availability of substantial funds from institutional investors and an increasing focus on sustainability are impacting the market positively. The market is further driven by the escalating demand for specialized expertise in restructuring and turnarounds, thereby resulting in more private equity investment in distressed assets. Apart from this, the augmenting interest in cross-border investments within the European Union, supported by economic integration and harmonized regulations, is propelling the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include the growing emphasis on responsible investing, rapid globalization of European companies, inflating disposable income levels, and extensive partnerships between private equity firms and traditional financial institutions.
Europe Private Equity Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Europe private equity market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on fund type.
Fund Type Insights:
- Venture Capital (VCs)
- Real Estate
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the fund type. This includes buyout, venture capital (VCS), real estate, infrastructure, others.
- United Kingdom
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
Europe Private Equity Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
|Fund Types Covered
||Buyout, Venture Capital (VCs), Real Estate, Infrastructure, Others
||Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Europe private equity market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Europe private equity market?
- What is the breakup of the Europe private equity market on the basis of fund type?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Europe private equity market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Europe private equity market?
- What is the structure of the Europe private equity market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Europe private equity market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Europe private equity market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the Europe private equity market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the Europe private equity industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.