The Europe retort pouches market size reached US$ 1,235 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1,798 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.5% during 2023-2028.
Retort pouches are food packaging bags widely utilized to withstand high temperature and intense pressure. These pouches prevent food from getting spoiled or contaminated due to moisture. Consequently, they act as substitutes for metal and glass containers in the food packaging industry. Moreover, as they enhance the shelf life and make it convenient for storage and handling of a product, retort pouches find application in the packaging of pharmaceutical products and convenience food items.
The leading manufacturers are introducing printable retort pouches, which is driving their sales in Europe. Apart from this, the escalating demand for single-serve food products is also contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the increasing environmental concerns have resulted in the rising demand for retort pouches that are made using bio-degradable raw materials. Besides this, the high-barrier flexible packaging method is gaining traction among individuals as it improves the shelf life of products and offers better performance. However, the market has experienced a decline in the market growth due to the sudden outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and the consequently imposed lockdowns in various countries. The market will experience growth once lockdown restrictions are uplifted.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Europe retort pouches market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, capacity, closure type, material type and application.
Breakup by Product Type:
- Stand-up Pouches
- Spouted Pouches
- Zipper Pouches
- Pillow Pack
- 3-Side sealed
Breakup by Capacity:
Breakup by Closure Type:
Breakup by Material Type:
- Aluminum Foil
- Paper and Paperboard
Breakup by Application:
- Food and Beverage
Breakup by Country:
- United Kingdom
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Capacity, Closure Type, Material Type, Application, Country
||Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Europe retort pouches market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Europe retort pouches market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the capacity?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the closure type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the Europe retort pouches market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?