The Europe tobacco market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 1.30% during 2023-2028. Shifting consumer preferences towards premium and flavored tobacco products, continual development of feminine-oriented products and new flavors, the rise of distribution channels, online sales and emerging e-commerce platforms are some of the key factors driving the market.
Tobacco is a stimulating substance created by drying and fermenting the leaves of the tobacco plant. It undergoes a process of curing to enhance its effects. Within tobacco, there exists a colorless volatile alkaloid called nicotine, which acts as a depressant. Nicotine is responsible for various physiological responses, including increased heart rate, constriction of peripheral blood vessels, lung tissue irritation, elevated blood pressure, and alterations in brain function. Additionally, tobacco usage disrupts intricate biochemical processes and neurotransmitter functioning. People consume tobacco in several forms, such as snus, snuff, cigars, shisha, cigarillos, and cigarettes. Chewing tobacco is also a popular method of tobacco consumption. Over time, tobacco gained popularity worldwide and became an integral part of social, cultural, and economic practices.
Europe Tobacco Market Trends:
The increasing health consciousness among consumers is driving the market in Europe. The growing concern for health in the region has prompted tobacco product manufacturers to invest in research and development (R&D) efforts for various low-risk tobacco alternatives. This strategic move allows these companies to maintain profitability while expanding their consumer base. Furthermore, the inflating disposable income levels of the masses have created opportunities for market players to raise product tobaccos and cater to the demand for premium tobacco products. Additionally, the fast-paced and stressful lifestyles have contributed to an increase in both male and female smokers in the region. In response, industry manufacturers have introduced feminine-oriented products to attract more female consumers, such as cigarettes labeled as light, long, skinny, and infused with different flavors. Apart from this, stringent regulations and policies implemented by governments to curb smoking habits have influenced the tobacco market. Furthermore, shifting consumer preferences towards premium and flavored tobacco products have influenced the market since individuals are seeking unique and differentiated smoking experiences, leading to the introduction of innovative products by manufacturers. Besides, cross-border trade within the European Union (EU) has played a role in shaping the tobacco market. The expanding tourism and travel industry is also contributing to the market as tourists may purchase tobacco products for personal consumption or as gifts, contributing to market demand. The market is further driven by the rise of online sales and e-commerce platforms, as online channels offer convenience and anonymity, which can contribute to increased sales and accessibility. Moreover, tobacco companies have introduced a wide array of products, including cigarettes, cigars, smokeless tobacco, and emerging alternatives such as e-cigarettes. This diversification allows companies to cater to different consumer preferences and capitalize on new market segments.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Europe tobacco market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type.
- Roll Your Own
- Smokeless Tobacco
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the Europe tobacco market based on the type. This includes cigarettes, roll your own, cigars, cigarillos, smokeless tobacco, and others.
- United Kingdom
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the Europe tobacco market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
Europe Tobacco Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Cigarettes, Roll Your Own, Cigars, Cigarillos, Smokeless Tobacco, Others
||Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Europe tobacco market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Europe tobacco market?
- What is the breakup of the Europe tobacco market on the basis of type?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Europe tobacco market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Europe tobacco market?
- What is the structure of the Europe tobacco market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Europe tobacco market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Europe tobacco market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the Europe tobacco market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the Europe tobacco industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.