The global explosive trace detection (ETD) market size reached US$ 2.1 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 4.1 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 11.60% during 2023-2028. The rising need to enhance security measures in critical infrastructure, increasing threats of terrorism, mob attacks, insurgence and geopolitical tensions, and the growing security measures to detect and prevent the smuggling of explosives represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Explosive Trace Detection (ETD) refers to a technology used to detect the presence of minute traces of explosive substances that may pose a threat. ETD systems are characterized by heightened sensitivity to detect extremely low levels of explosive residue and enhanced selectivity to distinguish between different types of explosives and non-explosive substances. In addition to this, they are non-invasive devices that work by non-contact sampling and rapid detection, thereby facilitating efficient screening in high-traffic areas. ETD systems typically utilize ion mobility spectrometry (IMS) process that relies on the movement of ionized molecules in a carrier gas under an electric field. They can also function by mass spectrometry (MS) to detect explosives by ionizing and fragmenting particles, measuring the mass-to-charge ratio of resulting ions, and comparing them to a database for identification. Additionally, they can be used with other security measures such as X-ray scanners, metal detectors, and canine teams, thereby minimizing the risk of damage or compromising integrity of tested items as well as providing better output.
Explosive Trace Detection (ETD) Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising need to enhance security measures in critical infrastructure, such as government buildings, and public gathering spaces like stadiums and convention centers. This can be attributed to the increasing threats of terrorism, mob attacks, insurgence and geopolitical tensions. In line with this, strict security regulations implemented in the aviation industry to protect passengers and prevent potential terrorist attacks is resulting in large-scale product deployment in airports. Moreover, the increasing number of measures undertaken by the government bodies of several countries to detect and prevent the smuggling of explosives or other dangerous materials is also providing an impetus to the market. In addition to this, continual product innovations with enhanced sample collection features, analysis techniques, and data interpretation software are creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, an enhanced focus on border security measures to combat illegal activities is leading to a higher uptake of explosive detection technologies among security personnel and organizations. The escalating demand for safety of participants and spectators in major international events, including sports tournaments, summits, and exhibitions, is resulting in the application of stringent security measures, thereby fueling the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid urbanization, growing cross-border trade, the advent of improvised explosive devices (IEDs), and extensive research and development (R&D) activities.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global explosive trace detection (ETD) market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, technology and application.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the explosive trace detection (ETD) market based on the product. This includes handheld, vehicle-mounted, and others. According to the report, handheld represented the largest segment.
- Ion Mobility Spectrometry
- Amplifying Fluorescent Polymer
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the explosive trace detection (ETD) market based on the technology. This includes colorimetrics, ion mobility spectrometry, thermo-redox, chemiluminescence, amplifying fluorescent polymer, and others. According to the report, ion mobility spectrometry represented the largest segment.
- Military and Defense
- Transportation and Logistics
- Public Safety and Law Enforcement
A detailed breakup and analysis of the explosive trace detection (ETD) market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes military and defense, transportation and logistics, public safety and law enforcement, commercial, and others. According to the report, military and defense accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global explosive trace detection (ETD) market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Autoclear LLC, Bruker Corporation, DetectaChem LLC, Leidos Holdings Inc., Nuctech Company Limited, Smiths Detection Group Inc, Teledyne FLIR LLC, Westminster International Ltd., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Handheld, Vehicle-Mounted, Others
||Colorimetrics, Ion Mobility Spectrometry, Thermo-Redox, Chemiluminescence, Amplifying Fluorescent Polymer, Others
||Military and Defense, Transportation and Logistics, Public Safety and Law Enforcement, Commercial, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Autoclear LLC, Bruker Corporation, DetectaChem LLC, Leidos Holdings Inc., Nuctech Company Limited, Smiths Detection Group Inc, Teledyne FLIR LLC, Westminster International Ltd., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global explosive trace detection (ETD) market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global explosive trace detection (ETD) market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global explosive trace detection (ETD) market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive explosive trace detection (ETD) market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the explosive trace detection (ETD) market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- Which is the most attractive technology in the explosive trace detection (ETD) market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the explosive trace detection (ETD) market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global explosive trace detection (ETD) market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global explosive trace detection (ETD) market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the explosive trace detection (ETD) market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global explosive trace detection (ETD) market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the explosive trace detection (ETD) industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.