The global flaxseeds market size reached US$ 634.04 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1264.96 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 11.4% during 2023-2028. Significant growth in the food and beverage (F&B) industry, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and rising demand for organic and naturally sourced products represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 634.04 Million
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 1264.96 Million
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Flaxseeds are small, shiny, brown, or golden-colored seeds that are obtained from the flax or linseed plant. They are a good source of dietary fiber, antioxidants, lignans, and omega-3 fatty acids, including alpha-linolenic acid. They also contain protein, vitamin B1, manganese, and magnesium. Flaxseeds are used in food products, making linseed oil and nutritional supplements, and as an ingredient in many wood-finishing products and for other industrial purposes. They are commonly consumed in their whole form, ground into a powder, or used in oil form. Moderate consumption of flaxseeds helps improve digestive health, lower cholesterol levels, and promote feelings of fullness. They also assist in lowering blood pressure, improving heart health, and reducing inflammation and the risk of breast cancer and other hormone-related cancers.
Flaxseeds Market Trends:
The increasing demand for healthy food products across the globe is one of the key factors driving the market growth. Flaxseeds are superfoods due to their high nutritional value, as they are rich sources of polyphenols, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. In line with this, the easy product availability across supermarkets, traditional grocery stores, and convenience stores are acting as another growth-inducing factor. Moreover, the rising product adoption as a dietary supplement to prevent constipation, cholesterol, diabetes, and cancer, as it contains omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants that disrupt the growth of the cancerous cell, is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, the introduction of flaxseed oil with enhanced stability, which increases its shelf life and is used as a more practical option for cooking, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, the widespread product utilization in the food and beverage (F&B) industry in a variety of products, such as bread, cereals, and snack bars, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, the rising demand for flaxseeds, as they are naturally low in carbohydrates and are grown organically, and are a natural source of nutrition, is providing a thrust to the market growth. Other factors, including the rising expenditure capacities of consumers, growing awareness of the benefits of omega-3 fatty acids, increasing demand for plant-based foods, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, various product innovations, and widespread product adoption in the textile industry, are supporting the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global flaxseeds market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, application, and distribution channel.
- Ground Flaxseed
- Whole Flaxseed
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the flaxseeds market based on the type. This includes ground flaxseed and whole flaxseed. According to the report, ground flaxseed represented the largest segment.
- Dairy Products
- Snacks and Cereals
- Bakery and Confectionery
- Animal and Pet Food
A detailed breakup and analysis of the flaxseeds market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes food, (dairy products, snacks, and cereals, bakery and confectionery, and beverages), animal and pet food, retail, nutraceutical, and others. According to the report, food accounted for the largest market share.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Business to Business
- Business to Consumer
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the flaxseeds market based on the distribution channel. This includes business to business, and business to consumer (hypermarkets and supermarkets, convenience stores, specialty stores, and online). According to the report, business to business represented the largest segment.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for flaxseeds. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific flaxseeds market included extensive research and development (R&D) activities, significant growth in the food and beverage (F&B) industry, and various product innovations.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global flaxseeds market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods Inc., CanMar Foods Ltd., Healthy Oilseeds LLC, Johnson Seeds Ltd., Prairie Premium Products Inc., Simosis International, TA Foods Ltd., The Linseed Farm, Waltanna Farms, Zeghers Canada, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Flaxseeds Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Distribution Channel
||Ground Flaxseed, Whole Flaxseed
- Food: Dairy Products, Snacks and Cereals, Bakery and Confectionery, Beverages
- Animal and Pet Food
|Distribution Channels Covered
- Business to Business
- Business to Consumer: Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Specialty Stores, Online
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods Inc., CanMar Foods Ltd., Healthy Oilseeds LLC, Johnson Seeds Ltd., Prairie Premium Products Inc., Simosis International, TA Foods Ltd., The Linseed Farm, Waltanna Farms, Zeghers Canada, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global flaxseeds market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global flaxseeds market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global flaxseeds market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive flaxseeds market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the flaxseeds market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the flaxseeds market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the flaxseeds market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global flaxseeds market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global flaxseeds market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the flaxseeds market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global flaxseeds market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the flaxseeds industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.