According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled " West Africa Food Services Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the West Africa food services market size reached US$ 4.9 Billion in 2021. Food services refer to the businesses that include preparing, serving and delivering food items to the customers. These services are generally found deployed across financial institutions, hospitals and restaurants outlets. They are categorized into conventional and centralized systems, wherein the conventional system involves the preparation and serving of food items on the same premises. On the other hand, food items are prepared in bulk, which are later transported to the kitchens at multiple locations in the centralized system. Continual improvements in the distribution channels across West Africa are positively impacting the food services market in the region.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
West Africa Food Services Market Trends:
The market in West Africa is primarily driven by the changing dietary patterns of the masses. Coupled with the shifting lifestyle preferences of individuals and the busy lifestyles and hectic schedules led by working professionals, there has been a considerable rise in the demand for food services. In line with this, inflating disposable income level of individuals and the rising popularity of international cuisines is creating a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, the proliferation of restaurants chains and café outlets across the region is also acting as a major growth-inducing factor. Additionally, continuous technological advancements, including the launch of online food ordering apps, are providing an impetus to the market growth. Also, the penetration of high-speed internet connectivity across the region and the increasing adoption of smartphones are providing a boost to the market growth. Apart from this, increasing investments by key players for developing robust marketing strategies and promotional campaigns are positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including rapid urbanization and continuous improvements across the food and beverages and travel and tourism sectors, are further contributing to the market growth across West Africa. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 8.8% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated into online and offline.Currently, the offline mode accounts for the majority of the total market share.
- Based on the end use, the market has been segmented into commercial and non-commercial. Presently, the commercial sector represents the leading market segment.
- On the basis of the retail type, the market has been categorized into eat-in and take-away. Among these, the eat-in type exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the food service type, the market has been categorized into full-service restaurants, fast-food joints, streets kiosks/stalls, cafes and bars and others. Fast food restaurants currently represents the biggest market segment.
- On the basis of the country insights, the market has been divided into Nigeria, Ghana, Cote d’ Ivoire, Senegal and others. Amongst these, Nigeria holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal