The global foot and ankle devices market size reached US$ 4.94 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 7.74 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.95% during 2023-2028. The rising incidences of foot and ankle injuries, the increasing geriatric population, and the utilization of three-dimensional (3D) printing represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 4.94 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 7.74 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Foot and ankle devices refer to medical equipment designed to provide support, protection, and relief to patients suffering from conditions affecting the lower extremities. It includes ankle braces, heel cups, night splints, plates, screws, fusion nails, biologics, fixators, and artificial tendons and ligaments. They are manufactured using various strong, durable, and biocompatible materials, such as titanium, stainless steel, polyethylene, and ceramics. Foot and ankle devices are widely used to treat trauma, hairline fractures, arthritis, ligament injuries, neuromuscular disorders, and diabetic foot diseases. They provide support and cushioning effects to the affected area, which aids in alleviating pain, improving mobility, increasing stability, enhancing functions, and preventing future complications. Foot and ankle devices also promote healing, support rehabilitation, prevent injuries, and correct deformities.
Foot and Ankle Devices Market Trends:
The rising incidences of foot and ankle injuries due to increasing participation in sports and allied activities is one of the key factors providing a thrust to the market growth. Foot and ankle devices are widely used in treating and rehabilitating injuries by stabilizing the joint, providing support, reducing pain, and promoting healing. Furthermore, the widespread product utilization to improve mobility, increase blood circulation, and reduce swelling, owing to the increasing geriatric population suffering from joint pain, arthritis, flat feet, and plantar fasciitis, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Apart from this, the rising prevalence of chronic conditions, such as diabetes, obesity, and neurological disorders, is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the utilization of three-dimensional (3D) printing to produce custom implants and orthotics that fit a patient’s unique foot and ankle, which helps in maximizing comfort and increasing support, is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, the recent development of smart ankle braces that are equipped with sensors, which provide real-time feedback, monitor progress, customize support, and ensure correct movement, is propelling the market growth. Apart from this, the growing demand for minimally invasive (MI) treatments for foot and ankle injuries that are less painful, promote faster recovery, increase comfort, and reduce hospital stays is facilitating the market growth. Moreover, the implementation of various government initiatives to raise awareness and provide access to high-quality healthcare facilities is propelling the market growth. Other factors, including rising healthcare expenditure, increasing investments in the development of advanced products, and growing consumer awareness regarding product benefits, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global foot and ankle devices market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, application, and end user.
Product Type Insights:
- Orthopaedic Implants and Devices
- Joint Implants
- Ankle Implants
- Subtalar Joint Implants
- Phalangeal Implants
- Fixation Devices
- Soft Tissue Orthopaedic Devices
- Musculoskeletal Reinforcement Devices
- Artificial Tendons and Ligaments
- Bracing and Support Devices
- Soft Bracing and Support Devices
- Hinged Braces and Support Devices
- Hard Braces and Support Devices
- Solid Ankle Cushion Heel (SACH) Prostheses
- Single-Axial Prostheses
- Multiaxial Prostheses
- Dynamic Response/Energy-Storing Prostheses
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the foot and ankle devices market based on the product type. This includes orthopaedic implants and devices (joint implants (ankle implants, subtalar joint implants, and phalangeal implants), fixation devices, and soft tissue orthopaedic devices (musculoskeletal reinforcement devices and artificial tendons and ligaments)), bracing and support devices (soft bracing and support devices, hinged braces and support devices, and hard braces and support devices), and prostheses (solid ankle cushion heel (SACH) prostheses, single-axial prostheses, multiaxial prostheses, and dynamic response/energy-storing prostheses). According to the report, orthopaedic implants and devices represented the largest segment.
- Trauma and Hair line Fractures
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis
- Diabetic Foot Diseases
- Ligament Injuries
- Neurological Disorders
A detailed breakup and analysis of the foot and ankle devices market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes trauma and hair line fractures, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, diabetic foot diseases, ligament injuries, neurological disorders, hammertoe, and others. According to the report, trauma and hair line fractures accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights:
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Orthopaedic Clinics
- Rehabilitation Centers
A detailed breakup and analysis of the foot and ankle devices market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, orthopaedic clinics, and rehabilitation centers. According to the report, hospitals accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for foot and ankle devices. Some of the factors driving the North America foot and ankle devices market included increasing foot and ankle injuries, the implementation of various government initiatives, and rapid technological advancements.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global foot and ankle devices market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Aap Implantate AG, Acumed LLC (Colson Medical LLC), Arthrex Inc., DJO LLC (Enovis), Fillauer LLC, Globus Medical Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Ortho Solutions UK Ltd., Orthofix US LLC, Össur hf., Ottobock SE & Co. KGaA, Smith & Nephew plc, Stryker Corporation, Zimmer Biomet, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Foot and Ankle Devices Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Product Type
- End User
|Product Types Covered
- Orthopaedic Implants and Devices: Joint Implants,Fixation Devices, Soft Tissue Orthopaedic Devices,
- Bracing and Support Devices: Soft Bracing and Support Devices, Hinged Braces and Support Devices, Hard Braces and Support Devices
- Prostheses: Solid Ankle Cushion Heel (SACH) Prostheses, Single-Axial Prostheses, Multiaxial Prostheses, Dynamic Response/Energy-Storing Prostheses
||Trauma and Hair line Fractures, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis, Diabetic Foot Diseases, Ligament Injuries, Neurological Disorders, Hammertoe, Others
|End Users Covered
||Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Orthopaedic Clinics, Rehabilitation Centers
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Aap Implantate AG, Acumed LLC (Colson Medical LLC), Arthrex Inc., DJO LLC (Enovis), Fillauer LLC, Globus Medical Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Ortho Solutions UK Ltd., Orthofix US LLC, Össur hf., Ottobock SE & Co. KGaA, Smith & Nephew plc, Stryker Corporation, Zimmer Biomet, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global foot and ankle devices market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global foot and ankle devices market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global foot and ankle devices market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive foot and ankle devices market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- Which is the most attractive product type in the foot and ankle devices market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the foot and ankle devices market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the foot and ankle devices market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global foot and ankle devices market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global foot and ankle devices market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the foot and ankle devices market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global foot and ankle devices market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the foot and ankle devices industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.