The global fresh cherries market size reached US$ 58 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 83.3 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.18% during 2023-2028. The rising product adoption in the F&B industry, the increasing export and import of cherries, and various technological advancements in the preservation processes, in agricultural technology and transportation infrastructure represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 58 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 83.3 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Fresh cherries are delicious and nutritious fruit consumed by individuals around the world. They are red in color and a great source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. They are also rich in antioxidants, which can help protect the body against damage caused by free radicals. In addition, they are enriched with carbohydrates, protein, vitamin C, calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, fiber, and many beneficial phytonutrients that assists in preventing gout, lowering cancer risk, reducing muscle sourness, and supporting memory functions by preventing oxidative damage in brain cells. They are consumed on their own as a healthy snack or used in a wide variety of culinary applications, from baked goods to salads to savory dishes. Moreover, cherries are a popular ingredient in many cuisines around the world, including French, Italian, and Japanese. Owing to these properties, cherries find extensive applications in the food and beverage (F&B) industry across the globe.
Fresh Cherries Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the rising product adoption in the food and beverage (F&B) industry across the globe. Fresh cherries are widely utilized in a variety of baked goods, including cakes, pies, tarts, beverages, cherry juice, smoothies, cocktails, salads, and as a topping for ice cream, pancakes, or waffles. In addition, there has been increasing demand for healthy, natural foods, such as cherries, due to their high antioxidant content and other health benefits, which represents another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, the increasing import and export of fresh cherries among various countries are also contributing to market growth. Moreover, as the shelf-life of fruits has always been a major concern for cherry producers, they are investing in shelf-life extension technologies to reduce the possibility of decay in cherries. This, coupled with various advancements in agricultural technology and transportation infrastructure, can impact the production, storage, and distribution of cherries, thus propelling market growth. Furthermore, the rising health consciousness among the masses, the increasing awareness about the health benefits of cherries, and the growing consumer inclination toward organic or sustainably-grown cherries are some of the other factors creating a favorable market outlook across the globe.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global fresh cherries market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type and distribution channel.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the fresh cherries market based on the type. This includes sour and sweet. According to the report, sweet represented the largest segment.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Modern Trade
- Traditional Grocery Stores
- Convenience Stores
- Online Channels
- Direct Sales
A detailed breakup and analysis of the fresh cherries market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes B2B and B2C (modern trade, traditional grocery stores, convenience stores, online channels, direct sales, and others). According to the report, B2B accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for fresh cherries. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific fresh cherries market included the growing product demand among health conscious consumers, the rising adoption of cherries in the F&B industry, and the emerging popularity of organic cherries.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global fresh cherries market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Alara Agri Business, CherryHill Orchards Pty Ltd., Diva Agro Ltd., Global Green Company Limited (Avantha Group), Hood River Cherry Company, Perfecta Produce, S D Reid Holdings Pty Ltd., Sica Sas Sicodis, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Fresh Cherries Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Distribution Channel
|Distribution Channels Covered
- B2C: Modern Trade, Traditional Grocery Stores, Convenience Stores, Online Channels, Direct Sales, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Alara Agri Business, CherryHill Orchards Pty Ltd., Diva Agro Ltd., Global Green Company Limited (Avantha Group), Hood River Cherry Company, Perfecta Produce, S D Reid Holdings Pty Ltd., Sica Sas Sicodis, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global fresh cherries market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global fresh cherries market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global fresh cherries market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive fresh cherries market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the fresh cherries market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the fresh cherries market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global fresh cherries market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global fresh cherries market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the fresh cherries market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global fresh cherries market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the fresh cherries industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.