The GCC cat food market reached a value of US$ 95.64 Million in 2020. Cats are one of the most popular pets across the GCC region. They require a specific set of dietary nutrients for a healthy growth and long-term wellness. Cat food is generally made by using animal or plant materials which are a rich source of carbohydrates, proteins, fats as well as other nutrients including amino acids, vitamins and minerals. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the GCC cat food market to exhibit moderate growth during the forecast period (2021-2026).
In the GCC region, the demand for cat food has been rising as households across the GCC countries consider cats as sacred and prefer them over dogs resulting in a significantly higher cat population compared to the dog population. Good quality cat food helps in maintaining a healthy wellbeing of a cat by improving its overall quality of life. Cat food also contains an appropriate amount of protein and grain as compared to other food products which helps in enhancing the cat’s immune system.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into dry food, wet and canned food, and snacks and treats food. Amongst these, dry food represents the largest segment as it is easier to handle and cheaper than other types of cat food products.
- On the basis of ingredient, animal derivatives currently dominate the cat food market as they are easy for the cat to digest and offer numerous nutrients including vitamins, amino acids and minerals, etc.
- Cat food can be purchased by pet owners through different means including super markets and hyper markets, convenience stores, online stores, etc. Amongst these, super markets and hyper markets represent the biggest distribution channel across the region as they offer various products in different range of prices and brands.
- Region-wise, UAE currently holds the largest share of the GCC cat food market on account of a large cat population and a rising demand for premium products. In addition to this, many residential buildings, restaurants and public spaces have started allowing the entry of pets, such as cats and dogs, etc., inside the premises which has further propelled the demand for cat food across the region. UAE is followed by Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Bahrain.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analysed in the report covering the market structure and the profiles of the key players operating in this market.
This report provides a deep insight into the GCC cat food market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from a macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the GCC cat food market in any manner.
GCC Dog Food Market Size, Share and Research Report
UAE Pet Food Market Size, Share and Research Report
GCC pet food market Size, Share and Research Report
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the GCC cat food market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the GCC cat food market?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the GCC cat food market?
- Which are the popular product types in the GCC cat food market?
- What are the key ingredients in the GCC cat food market?
- What are the major distribution channels in the GCC cat food market?
- What are the price trends of cat food?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the GCC cat food market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the GCC cat food market?
- What is the structure of the GCC cat food market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the GCC cat food market?
- How is cat food manufactured?