According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “GCC Cat Food Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, the GCC cat food market reached a value of US$ 102.9 Million in 2021. In the GCC region, cats are preferred over other pets as they are considered more sacred, cleaner and cheaper to buy and maintain. Cat food is the commercially produced specialty food that is prepared to meet the nutritional requirements of cats. Several nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals and amino acids, are incorporated in cat food during the manufacturing process to avoid nutritional deficiencies and provide long-term wellness to them.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
GCC Cat Food Market Trends:
In the GCC region, the trend of pet humanization has gained traction and led owners to consider their pets as members of the family. This evolution of the relationship between pets and their owners has increased the awareness about the pet’s health and nutrition. Owing to this, there has been increased demand for cat food to meet their nutritional requirements. Also, with the growing awareness about the advantages offered by cat food, such as maintaining weight and energy levels, and preventing infections and allergies, owners now prefer cat food over home-cooked food. As a result, the leading manufacturers are also introducing organic, grain-free and high-protein cat food variants to expand their consumer-base. Moreover, organized retail channels are providing various options to pet owners by offering a wide variety of cat food brands in one place. The expansion of these channels in the region has bolstered the growth of the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 152.7 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.7% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the product type, the market is segregated into dry food, wet and canned food, and snacks and treats. At present, dry food is the most popular product type in the GCC region.
- On the basis of the ingredient type, the market is categorized into animal, plant, cereal and other derivatives. Animal derivatives currently account for the majority of the market share.
- On the basis of the distribution channels, the market is divided into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, online stores and others. Presently, cat food is majorly distributed through convenience stores.
- Region-wise, the UAE holds the leading position in the market. Other major regions include Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Bahrain.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined in the report, with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the industry.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal