As per the latest report by IMARC Group, entitled “GCC Cat Food Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, the GCC cat food market reached a value of US$ XX Billion in 2017. Cat food refers to a commercially prepared specialty food which is formulated based on the nutritional requirements of cats. It is made from both animal and plant derivatives rich in fats, proteins and carbohydrates. Apart from this, several other nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals and amino acids, are incorporated in cat food products during the manufacturing process so as to avoid nutritional deficiencies and provide long-term wellness to the cats. In comparison to other pets, cats are preferred by the GCC population as they are considered more sacred, cleaner and cheaper to buy and maintain.
Cat food offers benefits such as maintaining weight and energy levels of the cats, and preventing infections and allergies. Owing to the increasing awareness about the advantages offered by cat food, owners are now preferring it over home-cooked food. Additionally, due to a rise in the trend of pet humanization, a large section of the GCC population has started to treat their pets as a part of the family which has increased the demand for cat food products. Besides this, the manufacturers are introducing organic, grain-free and high-protein cat food variants in order to expand their consumer-base. Further, organized retail channels allow the owners to choose cat food from a variety of brands at one place. The expansion of these channels in the region is bolstering the growth of the cat food market. On account of these factors, the market value is projected to reach US$ XX Billion by 2023, expanding at a CAGR of XX% during 2018-2023.
- Based on product type, the market is classified as dry food, wet and canned food, and snacks and treats. At present, dry food is one of the most popular product types as it is easy to handle and cheaper in price when compared to other types of cat food.
- On the basis of ingredients, the market is segregated into animal, plant and cereals derivatives. Currently, animal derivatives account for the majority of the market share as they are easily digested by cats.
- The market is also divided on the basis of distribution channels which include supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, online stores and others. Presently, supermarkets and hypermarkets represent the biggest distribution channel as they offer a wide range of products.
- Region-wise, the GCC cat food market is segmented into the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Bahrain. Amongst these, the UAE is the leading market, accounting for the majority of the GCC cat food market share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal