The GCC cigarette market size reached US$ 13.9 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 20.4 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% during 2023-2028.
Cigarettes are tube-shaped rolls prepared using chemical additives and finely cured tobacco leaves. They contain nicotine that provides an immediate sense of relaxation while inhaling smoke. Despite the implementation of a 100% excise tax on tobacco products, cigarettes are gaining traction among the young population of the GCC region on account of the growing influence of social media.
Hectic lifestyles on account of long working hours, in confluence with the increasing consumption of cigarettes to relieve anxiety and stress among the young population, represents one of the key factors spurring the market growth in the GCC region. Moreover, the rising number of foreign expatriate workers, along with the portrayal of smoking as an affluent lifestyle in various satellite television channels and magazines, is further stimulating the growth of the cigarette market. Apart from this, the growing emphasis on offering innovative product variants by leading players in the region, coupled with the import of cigarettes from other counties, is anticipated to influence the overall sales of cigarettes in the future positively.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the GCC cigarette market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type and distribution channel.
Breakup by Type:
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Tobacco Shops
- Supermarket and Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Online Stores
Breakup by Country:
- Saudi Arabia
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|| US$ Billion
|| Type, Distribution Channel, Country
||Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the GCC Cigarette market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the GCC Cigarette market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the GCC Cigarette market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?