The GCC flooring market was worth US$ 10.5 Billion in 2017. The market is further projected to reach a value of US$ 16.1 Billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 7.4% during 2018-2023. Flooring refers to a layer of finished material used to cover a floor structure in order to provide a levelled surface. Vinyl sheets, ceramic tiles, rubber, natural stone, wood, and carpets and rugs are the most common type of flooring materials. These materials are selected on the basis of various factors, such as noise insulation, cleaning effort, comfort, endurance and cost. In the GCC region, the widespread refurbishment and new building projects have boosted the demand for flooring.
GCC Flooring Market Drivers:
- In the GCC region, industrial development fuelled by huge investments made by the governments plays a crucial role in the growth of the flooring industry as all industrial facilities need fit-for-purpose flooring.
- The increased focus on green buildings coupled with growing usage of eco-friendly flooring products in the GCC region is stimulating the demand for floorings manufactured from recycled raw materials.
- Technological advancements in the flooring industry have resulted in improved product features such as digitally printed tile designs, availability of wide variety of colours, enhanced water resistance, etc., in turn, propelling the growth of the market.
On the basis of segment, the market has been segmented into hard and soft flooring. Amongst these, hard flooring, including ceramic tiles, mosaic tiles, vitrified tiles, marbles and granite, represents the leading segment in the GCC flooring market.
Product Type Insights:
Based on the product type, tile flooring represents the most popular segment, accounting for the majority of the total share. Other major product types include stone flooring, wood and laminate flooring, and carpet flooring.
On the basis of end-use, the market has been segregated as commercial and residential sectors. Currently, the commercial sector dominates the GCC flooring market, holding the major share.
On a geographical front, the UAE enjoys the leading position in the GCC flooring market due to widespread construction projects in the region. Other major regions are Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait.
The GCC flooring market is concentrated in nature with the presence of a handful of players who compete in terms of prices and quality. Some of the leading players operating in the market are:
- RAK Ceramics
- Swiss Hardwoods
- Krono Swiss
This report provides a deep insight into the GCC flooring industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a flooring tile manufacturing plant. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the flooring industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the GCC flooring market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the GCC flooring industry?
- What are the key end-use segments in the GCC flooring industry?
- What are the major product segments in the GCC flooring industry?
- What are the price trends of flooring?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the GCC flooring industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the GCC flooring industry?
- What is the structure of the GCC flooring industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the GCC flooring industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a flooring tile manufacturing plant?
- How are flooring tiles manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a flooring tile manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a flooring tile manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a flooring tile manufacturing plant?
- What is the mass balance and raw material requirements for setting up a flooring tile manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for flooring tiles?
- What are the transportation requirements for flooring tiles?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a flooring tile manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a flooring tile manufacturing plant?