The GCC forage market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.30% during 2023-2028. The growing demand for meat and dairy products across the region, the implementation of policies to achieve self-sufficiency in food production by governments, and the emerging trend of organic and free-range farming represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Forage refers to parts of certain plants consumed by grazing livestock, such as cattle, sheep, goats, camels, and horses. It primarily includes plant leaves, stems, pasture grasses, legumes, and hay. It can be fed fresh, preserved as hay or silage, or processed into pellets or cubes. The quality of forage, which contributes significantly to the livestock's overall health, productivity, and growth, depends on various factors such as the type of plant, maturity stage at harvest, and the way it is conserved and stored. Additionally, it plays an indispensable role in the world of livestock rearing, as a food source, and also in sustaining the ecological balance of grazing lands. The optimal nutrition provided by quality forage translates into better yields of meat, milk, wool, and other livestock products, consequently impacting the health of the global agri-business economy. The concept of forage in wildlife management extends beyond nutrition alone. Healthy forage habitats offer cover and shelter to wildlife, providing protection from predators and adverse weather conditions. Forage-rich areas also promote biodiversity, as different plant species attract various wildlife species with specific dietary preferences. Wildlife conservation efforts often focus on preserving and restoring natural forage habitats, ensuring a sustainable food source for herbivorous species. This includes managing grazing pressure from both domestic livestock and wildlife to prevent overutilization of forage resources and protect the delicate balance of ecosystems.
GCC Forage Market Trends:
The gulf cooperation council (GCC) forage market has experienced noticeable growth, driven by the escalating demand for dairy and meat products due to the region's expanding population and rising income levels. Along with this, governments in the GCC region have been implementing policies to achieve self-sufficiency in food production, encouraging investments in livestock farming and related agri-business sectors. This strategic move to influence food security is adding momentum to the forage market. Apart from this, due to increased consumer awareness about the health and environmental benefits of such practices, the emerging trend of organic and free-range farming is propelling demand for organic forage. In confluence with this, the shift towards organic and sustainable farming practices necessitates the use of natural, high-quality forage in place of conventional feed, thereby favoring the market's expansion. In light of these trends, numerous players in the forage market are developing innovative, nutrient-rich forage products to meet diversified needs of the livestock industry. Furthermore, stakeholders are leveraging advanced agricultural technologies, such as hydroponics and vertical farming to grow forage, creating a positive market outlook. Some of the other factors driving the market include rapid urbanization and technological advancements.
GCC Forage Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the GCC forage market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on crop type, product type, and animal type.
Crop Type Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the crop type. This includes cereals, legumes, and grasses.
Product Type Insights:
- Stored Forage
- Fresh Forage
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the product type has also been provided in the report. This includes stored forage and fresh forage.
Animal Type Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the animal type. This includes ruminants, swine, poultry, and others.
- Saudi Arabia
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, and Oman.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the GCC forage market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
GCC Forage Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Crop Type
- Product Type
- Animal Type
|Crop Types Covered
||Cereals, Legumes, Grasses
|Product Types Covered
||Stored Forage, Fresh Forage
|Animal Types Covered
||Ruminants, Swine, Poultry, Others
||Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the GCC forage market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the GCC forage market?
- What is the breakup of the GCC forage market on the basis of crop type?
- What is the breakup of the GCC forage market on the basis of product type?
- What is the breakup of the GCC forage market on the basis of animal type?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the GCC forage market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the GCC forage market?
- What is the structure of the GCC forage market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the GCC forage market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the GCC forage market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the GCC forage market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the GCC forage industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.