The GCC frac sand market is currently witnessing strong growth. Frac sand is a high purity quartz sand made up of small and round particles. It is processed from sandstone and is extensively used in the process of hydraulic fracturing. Frac sand, along with water and other industrial fluids, is used to open the underground cracks while fracturing the shale to extract petroleum fluids like oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids. Frac sand is utilized to hold the fractures open to avoid interruption to the process of natural gas and oil derivation.
The GCC frac sand market is primarily driven by the thriving oil and gas industry in the region. The steadily increasing demand for petroleum and gas, along with the rising number of oil and gas exploration activities, is also propelling the growth of the market. Moreover, manufacturers in the GCC countries are extensively investing in research and development (R&D) activities to introduce efficient and high-quality frac sand-like fine-mesh frac sand, which enhances the flow of fluid. This, in turn, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, the ongoing crude oil production projects in the region are expected to account for developing new frac sand mines in the GCC region, thus contributing to the market growth. Looking forward, the market is expected to witness strong growth during the forecast period (2021-2026).
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the GCC frac sand market report, along with forecasts for growth at the region level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on region, type and application.
Breakup by Type:
- White Sand
- Brown Sand
Breakup by Application:
- Oil Exploitation
- Natural Gas Exploration
Breakup by Country:
- Saudi Arabia
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the GCC frac sand market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the GCC frac sand market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the GCC frac sand market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?