According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “GCC Home Security Systems Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, the GCC home security systems market size reached US$ 441 Million in 2021. A home security system is a combination of software and hardware devices that are designed for detecting and preventing intrusion or unauthorized entry of unknown people or burglars. It is mainly installed at entry points, like doors and windows, or interior spaces where valuable items are stored. The market for home security systems in the GCC region experienced a negative growth in 2014, however, with strong economic growth, the demand for these systems has flourished since then.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
With increasing terrorist threats and security concerns, the governments of several countries in the GCC region are introducing laws for making the installation of home security systems mandatory in the residential and commercial sectors. For instance, the Government of Saudi Arabia has made it compulsory for residents to install surveillance cameras in their homes so as to protect them from theft and other crimes. Apart from this, the prices of home security systems are decreasing, owing to which, they are becoming affordable for a larger section of the population. Further, manufacturers are incorporating advanced technologies in these systems in order to widen their user base. On account of these factors, the market value is expected to grow at a CAGR of 22.3% during 2022-2027.
- Based on residence type, the GCC home security systems market has been segregated into independent homes, condominiums and apartments. Amongst these, independent homes dominate the market, holding the largest share.
- On the basis of the product type, video surveillance represents the most popular type of home security system as it offers optimum vigilance for both domestic and commercial purposes. Other segments include intruder alarms, fire protection and access control and others.
- On the basis of sensor type, the market has been bifurcated into wireless and wired sensors. Due to rapid technological advancements, wireless sensors account for the dominant market share.
- Based on installation type, the GCC home security systems market has been divided into professional and DIY type installation.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman and Bahrain. Currently, Saudi Arabia and the UAE account for the majority of the market share owing to rising security concerns in these countries.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined in the report along with a detailed list of the key players.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Phone No: (D) +91 120 433 0800 | www.imarcgroup.com
Americas :- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331