The GCC organic food market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 13.1% during 2023-2028. The rising health consciousness, inflating disposable income levels, favorable government initiatives, increasing awareness about the benefits of organic food, rapidly expanding tourism and hospitality industry, and growing environmental concerns represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Organic food refers to agricultural products that are produced and processed using environmentally friendly practices and without the use of synthetic chemicals, genetically modified organisms (GMOs), antibiotics, hormones, or irradiation. The core principles behind organic farming include promoting ecological balance, conserving biodiversity, and enhancing soil fertility. The aim is to create a sustainable and harmonious relationship between humans, animals, plants, and the environment. Consuming organic food offers several potential benefits. Firstly, organic farming practices reduce the exposure to synthetic pesticides and fertilizers, which can have negative effects on human health and the environment. Organic food is often perceived to have higher nutritional value and better taste, although scientific evidence supporting these claims is still limited. Moreover, organic farming promotes sustainable agriculture by preserving soil quality, reducing water pollution, and conserving biodiversity.
GCC Organic Food Market Trends:
Increasing awareness about the potential health benefits of consuming organic food has led to a shift in consumer preferences. Individuals are becoming more conscious of the potential risks associated with chemical residues and GMOs found in conventional food products. Consequently, there is a growing demand for organic food as consumers perceive it to be a healthier and safer option. Additionally, the GCC region has experienced significant economic growth over the years, leading to higher disposable incomes among its population. With greater purchasing power, consumers are willing to pay a premium for organic products, which are generally more expensive than their conventional counterparts. Increased affordability has contributed to the growth of the organic food market. Other than this, the growth of modern retail outlets, such as supermarkets, hypermarkets, and specialty organic stores, has facilitated the availability and accessibility of organic food products. These retail formats provide a wide range of organic options, creating convenience for consumers seeking organic alternatives. Besides this, the region is a popular tourist destination, attracting visitors from around the world. Many tourists, particularly those seeking a healthier lifestyle or with specific dietary preferences, look for organic food options during their stay. As a result, the tourism and hospitality industry in the region has witnessed a growing demand for organic food products, driving market growth. In line with this, the GCC region, known for its arid climate and limited water resources, faces environmental challenges. Organic farming practices, with their focus on sustainable agriculture and soil conservation, align well with the region's efforts to promote environmental sustainability. Consumers, particularly the younger generation, are increasingly conscious of these environmental concerns and are therefore opting for organic food to support more sustainable food production systems.
GCC Organic Food Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the GCC organic food market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, distribution channel, and application.
Product Type Insights:
- Organic Fruits and Vegetables
- Organic Meat, Poultry, and Dairy
- Organic Processed Food
- Organic Bread and Bakery
- Organic Beverages
- Organic Cereal and Food Grains
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the product type. This includes organic fruits and vegetables, organic meat, poultry, and dairy, organic processed food, organic bread and bakery, organic beverages, organic cereal, and food grains and others.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Convenience Stores
- Online Stores
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes supermarkets and hypermarkets, specialty stores, convenience stores, online stores, and others.
- Bakery and Confectionary
- Ready-to-eat Food Products
- Breakfast Cereals
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the application. This includes bakery and confectionary, ready-to-eat food products, breakfast cereals, and others.
- Saudi Arabia
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Others (Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, and Bahrain).
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the GCC organic food market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
GCC Organic Food Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Product Type
- Distribution Channel
|Product Types Covered
||Organic Fruits and Vegetables, Organic Meat, Poultry, and Dairy, Organic Processed Food, Organic Bread and Bakery, Organic Beverages, Organic Cereal and Food Grains, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Specialty Stores, Convenience Stores, Online Stores, Others
||Bakery and Confectionary, Ready-to-eat Food Products, Breakfast Cereals, Others
||Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the GCC organic food market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the GCC organic food market?
- What is the breakup of the GCC organic food market on the basis of product type?
- What is the breakup of the GCC organic food market on the basis of the distribution channel?
- What is the breakup of the GCC organic food market on the basis of application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the GCC organic food market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the GCC organic food market?
- What is the structure of the GCC organic food market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the GCC organic food market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the GCC organic food market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the GCC organic food market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the GCC organic food industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.