The global glass packaging market size reached US$ 56.52 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 73.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.60% during 2023-2028. The increasing awareness about environmental sustainability, growing concern about product protection, rising popularity of premium beverages, escalating demand for aesthetic appeal, and changing consumer preferences, represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Glass packaging refers to the use of glass containers or bottles to store and protect various products, such as beverages, food items, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals, . Glass is a transparent and inert material made primarily from silica, soda ash, and limestone. It is formed by heating these raw materials to high temperatures and then rapidly cooling them. This process results in a rigid, non-porous material that is resistant to chemical reactions, ensuring that the contents remain unaffected. One of the key advantages of glass packaging is its ability to preserve the integrity and quality of the products it holds. Glass is impermeable to air and moisture, preventing contamination and spoilage. It does not react with the contents, ensuring that the taste, aroma, and freshness of the product are maintained for extended duration. In recent years, glass packaging has gained traction as glass is an excellent barrier against ultraviolet (UV) light, protecting light-sensitive substances from degradation.
Glass Packaging Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the rising need for eco-friendly packaging solutions. Glass is a highly sustainable material as it is 100% recyclable, allowing for a closed-loop system. Apart from this, the increasing emphasis on reducing plastic waste and the preference for materials with lower carbon footprints have led to a shift toward glass packaging. Additionally, it is a non-toxic material that does not interact with the products it contains, ensuring consumer safety. As a result, the absence of chemical leaching makes glass a preferred choice for packaging food, beverages, and medicines. Consumers are increasingly becoming more conscious of the potential health risks associated with other packaging materials, such as plastics, leading to a greater demand for glass packaging. Besides this, glass packaging has a premium and luxurious image that appeals to consumers. Its transparency allows for a visually appealing display of products, creating an attractive presentation on store shelves. Glass containers can be customized with various shapes, sizes, colors, and textures, providing branding opportunities and enhancing the overall product experience. Other than this, the rising popularity of craft beers, artisanal spirits, and premium wines has led to an increased demand for glass bottles in the beverage sector. Similarly, the growth of the cosmetics and personal care industry has escalated the demand for glass containers for perfumes, lotions, and other beauty products. Moreover, consumer preferences play a vital role in shaping the glass packaging market as they perceive glass as a high-quality and trustworthy material, associating it with premium and sustainable products. This perception, along with the desire for reusable and recyclable packaging, has contributed to the growth of glass packaging.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global glass packaging market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on the product and end user.
- Jars and Containers
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the glass packaging market based on the product. This includes bottles, jars and containers, ampoules, vials, and others. According to the report, bottles represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
- Personal Care and Cosmetics
A detailed breakup and analysis of the glass packaging market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes food, beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), pharmaceuticals, personal care and cosmetics, and others. According to the report, beverages accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for glass packaging. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific market included rapid urbanization, increasing disposable income, expanding food and beverage industry, and rising environmental consciousness among the masses.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global glass packaging market. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Ardagh Group S.A., Bormioli Rocco S.p.A., Gerresheimer AG, HEINZ-GLAS GmbH & Co. KGaA, Hindustan National Glass & Industries Limited, Nihon Yamamura Glass Co. Ltd., Owens-Illinois Inc., Piramal Glass Private Limited, Vetropack Holding, Vidrala S.A., Vitro Packaging, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Bottles, Jars and Containers, Ampoules, Vials, Others
|End Users Covered
- Beverages: Alcoholic, Non-Alcoholic
- Personal Care and Cosmetics
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Ardagh Group S.A., Bormioli Rocco S.p.A., Gerresheimer AG, HEINZ-GLAS GmbH & Co. KGaA, Hindustan National Glass & Industries Limited, Nihon Yamamura Glass Co. Ltd., Owens-Illinois Inc., Piramal Glass Private Limited, Vetropack Holding, Vidrala S.A., Vitro Packaging, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global glass packaging market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global glass packaging market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global glass packaging market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive glass packaging market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the glass packaging market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the glass packaging market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global glass packaging market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global glass packaging market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the glass packaging market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global glass packaging market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the glass packaging industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.