According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "3D Cell Culture Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global 3D cell culture market reached a value of US$ 2,014.9 Million in 2022. 3D cell culture refers to an artificial environment that allows cells to interact and grow in an in vitro condition. This is done by adding a third dimension that can mimic the complex interactions between cells and the extracellular matrix (ECM). Some of the common methods of 3D cell culture include multicellular tumor spheroids (MCTS), suspension culture, device-assisted suspension culture and gel embedding culture, that are widely adopted for developing biological cells. In comparison to the 2D culture system, this method represents the actual microenvironment where cells reside in tissues more accurately and provides excellent in vitro models.
Global 3D Cell Culture Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing prevalence of chronic diseases among the masses. Along with this, continual improvements in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical sectors are providing a boost to the uptake of the 3D cell culture method. Since the method facilitates easy impersonation of microarchitecture and morphology of organs, there has been a considerable increase in the adoption of 3D cell culture to analyze the effects of foreign drugs on tissues and cells. Moreover, extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players for drug discovery, stem cell study and engineered functional tissues for implantation are creating a positive market outlook. Apart from this, the rapid outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has encouraged key players to study the infectivity of SARS-CoV-2 and immune responses. Additionally, continual technological advancements in the 3D cell culture method are impacting the market growth favorably. Other factors, including the rising number of research laboratories and the growing preference for personalized medicines, are also positively influencing the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 4,734.0 Million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 15.18% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been bifurcated into scaffold-based platforms, scaffold-free platforms, microchips, bioreactors and others. Currently, scaffold-based platforms represent the dominating market segment.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into cancer research, stem cell research, drug discovery, regenerative medicine and others. Presently, cancer research represents the largest application segment.
- On the basis of the end-user, the market has been segregated into biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, contract research laboratories, academic institutes and others. Among these, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa. North America currently holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include 3D Biotek LLC, Advanced Biomatrix Inc., Avantor Inc., CN Bio Innovations Limited, Corning Incorporated, Emulate Inc., InSphero AG, Lonza Group AG, Merck KGaA, Promocell GmbH, Synthecon Inc and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||3D Biotek LLC, Advanced Biomatrix Inc., Avantor Inc., CN Bio Innovations Limited, Corning Incorporated, Emulate Inc., InSphero AG, Lonza Group AG, Merck KGaA, Promocell GmbH, Synthecon Inc and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800