According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "3D Mapping and Modeling Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global 3D mapping and modeling market reached a value of US$ 5.66 Billion in 2021. 3D mapping and modeling refer to the technology that is generally used for creating three-dimensional (3D) environments. 3D mapping is commonly utilized in the field of the cartography that is used for providing a realistic view of 3D objects using computerized technology. On the other hand, 3D modeling refers to the method of developing a 3D representation of objects and surfaces by manipulating edges, vertices and polygons in the stimulating space. Some of the widely utilized software for 3D mapping and modeling include AutoCAD, Revit, ReCap Pro and SketchUp. They are extensively used by architectures, game developers and engineers for mapping and visualization.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global 3D Mapping and Modeling Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for 3D technology across multiple sectors. In addition to this, the rising investments by private and public agencies in infrastructural development projects are creating a positive market outlook. Since 3D mapping and modeling assist in designing and planning building models, this is providing a thrust to the market growth. Furthermore, the widespread utilization of 3D mapping and modeling in the manufacturing of defense equipment and armaments is positively impacting the market. Along with this, the growing utilization of the technology for designing 3D map mobile applications, supported by the penetration of high-speed internet connectivity and the augmenting adoption of smartphones among the masses, is providing a boost to the demand. Moreover, the continual development of virtual museums and digital libraries across several countries is considered to be another major growth-inducing factor. Other factors, including the escalating popularity of high-resolution computing games and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are also favorably impacting the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 14.67 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 17.2% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the component, the market has been bifurcated into 3D mapping and 3D modeling.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into projection mapping, texture mapping, maps and navigation, and others.
- On the basis of the end-use industry, the market has been segregated into construction, transportation, automobile, entertainment, healthcare and other industries.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Vricon, Airbus, Autodesk, Bentley Systems, Alphabet, Trimble, Intermap Technologies, Esri, CyberCity 3D, Topcon, Dassault Systèmes, Adobe, Pix4D, Pixologic, Inc., Flight Evolved, MAXON, Onionlab, The Foundry Visionmongers, Mitsubishi Electric and Apple.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal