As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “3D Metrology Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global 3D metrology market experienced strong growth in 2019. 3D metrology is a measurement solution that enables manufacturers to monitor the quality and efficiency of different components, which are required for building industrial products. It also aids in reverse engineering and virtual simulation of the products. Therefore, it is utilized in a wide range of measurement tasks, which include analyzing the surface, shape, and dimension of the machine parts and tools at every stage of the manufacturing process. Some of the commonly used 3D metrology systems are coordinate measuring machine (CMM), optical digitizers and scanners and 3D x-ray/ CT inspection systems.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global 3D Metrology Market Trends:
The market is currently experiencing strong growth on account of the increasing application of 3D metrology equipment in the aerospace, automotive, construction, and energy and power sectors. This can be accredited to the assistance of 3D metrology in capturing detailed information and running full-field evaluations. It also helps in scanning and inspecting intricate components and recreating the scanned parts digitally. Therefore, it is extensively utilized in the aviation industry across the globe. Furthermore, it finds application in corrosion inspection, hail damage depth, fixture measurement, part archival and tooling measurement. Other factors that are anticipated to fuel the market growth in the coming years include rapid urbanization, industrial automation and increasing research and development (R&D) projects by prominent players to create innovative products with improved precision and quality control. On account of these factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 7% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the offering, the market has been segmented into hardware, software and services.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been segregated into coordinate measuring machine (CMM), optical digitizer and scanner (ODS), video measuring machine (VMM), 3D automated optical inspection system (AOI), and form measurement.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the application into quality control and inspection, reverse engineering, virtual simulation, and others.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been divided into aerospace and defense, automotive, architecture and construction, medical, electronics, energy and power, heavy industry, mining, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being 3D Digital Corporation, Automated Precision Inc., Carl Zeiss AG, Creaform, Inc., FARO Technologies, Inc., GOM GmbH, Hexagon AB, Jenoptik AG, KLA Corporation, Mitutoyo Corporation, Nikon Metrology NV, Perceptron, Inc. and Renishaw PLC.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal