According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "3D Metrology Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global 3D metrology market witnessed strong growth during 2015-2020. 3D metrology refers to a range of scanning technologies that monitor the quality and physical measurements of various manufacturing components. It aids in analyzing the shape, dimension, and surface of these machine parts during the production process. 3D metrology utilizes several hardware and software tools, such as the optical digitizer and scanner (ODS), coordinate measuring machine (CMM), 3D automated optical inspection (AOI) system, and video measuring machine (VMM) to reverse engineer and analyze defects in the materials. As a result, it finds applications across various industries, including defense, aerospace, architecture, automotive, and medical.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global 3D Metrology Market Trends:
The global 3D metrology market is primarily being driven by the increasing focus on improved quality control of manufacturing materials. This factor has led to a rise in investments made in research and development (R&D) activities to introduce 3D metrology technologies for offering enhanced precision during the production process. Additionally, the widespread adoption of 3D technology in the automotive and aviation industries to scan and inspect intricate components, digitally recreate parts, and analyze corrosion are further supporting the market growth. Other factors, including the employment of cloud computing services, rapid urbanization, and the emergence of Industry 4.0, are creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of around 8% during 2021-2026.
- Based on the offering, the market has been segmented into hardware, software and services.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been segregated into coordinate measuring machines (CMM), optical digitizer and scanners (ODS), video measuring machines (VMM), 3D automated optical inspection systems (AOI), and form measurement.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the application into quality control and inspection, reverse engineering, virtual simulation, and others.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been divided into aerospace and defense, automotive, architecture and construction, medical, electronics, energy and power, heavy industry, mining, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being 3D Digital Corporation, Automated Precision Inc., Carl Zeiss AG, Creaform, Inc., FARO Technologies, Inc., GOM GmbH, Hexagon AB, Jenoptik AG, KLA Corporation, Mitutoyo Corporation, Nikon Metrology NV, Perceptron, Inc. and Renishaw PLC.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal