According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “3D Printing Plastics Market Type (Photopolymers, ABS and ASA, Polyamide/Nylon, Polylactic Acid (PLA), and Others), Form (Filament, Liquid/Ink, Powder), Application (Manufacturing, Prototyping), End User (Automotive, Healthcare, Aerospace and Defense, Consumer Goods), and Region 2023-2028,” the global 3D printing plastics market size reached US$ 1,006 Million in 2022. Three-dimensional (3D) printing plastics refer to specialized polymers utilized in additive manufacturing, a technique where 3D objects are created by a layering process based on digital models. They include various types, such as acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), polyethylene terephthalate glycol (PETG), and polylactic acid (PLA). 3D printing plastics possess unique properties, including malleability, heat resistance, and structural integrity. They are widely used for prototyping, modeling, production of complex parts, and tooling across the automotive, healthcare, aerospace, consumer electronics, and construction sectors. 3D printing plastics offers numerous benefits, such as reduced material waste, greater design flexibility, and the ability to produce customized components. Additionally, they provide rapid production speed, lower manufacturing costs, improved efficiency, and the ability to modify the digital design for quick iterations.
Global 3D Printing Plastics Market Trends:
The widespread utilization of 3D printing plastics in the healthcare sector for making surgical instruments and prosthetic limbs is one of the major factors bolstering the market growth. Besides this, the growing product utilization in the automotive industry for making lightweight and durable parts that contribute to fuel efficiency is positively influencing the market growth. Additionally, the rising technological advancements, such as the development of high-performance polymers with superior mechanical properties, enabling more complex and durable applications, are anticipated to drive the market growth. In line with this, the rising improvements in printing speed, accuracy, and scalability, enhancing the appeal of using plastics in additive manufacturing, are supporting the market growth. Along with this, the increasing environmental concerns, leading to the development and adoption of eco-friendly or bio-based plastics, are positively impacting the market growth. In addition to this, the rising ability to recycle and reuse 3D printed plastic materials, owing to the sudden shift towards sustainable practices in manufacturing and production industries, is favoring the market growth. Furthermore, the growing investment in research and development (R&D) activities aimed at developing enhanced materials, supported by various governmental initiatives and grants, is creating a favorable environment for the market growth. Apart from this, the increasing partnerships between material science companies and 3D printing enterprises aimed at developing specialized plastic materials for niche applications are bolstering the market growth. Moreover, the rising demand for customization in mass production, especially in consumer goods and electronics, coupled with the potential for localized manufacturing, is providing remunerative growth opportunities for the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 3,400 Million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 20.9% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been divided into photopolymers, ABS and ASA, polyamide/nylon, polylactic acid (PLA), and others. According to the report, photopolymers represented the largest segment.
- On the basis of the form, the market has been classified into filament, liquid/ink, and powder. Amongst these, filament represented the largest segment.
- Based on the application, the market has been bifurcated into manufacturing and prototyping. According to the report, prototyping represented the largest segment.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segmented into automotive, healthcare, aerospace and defense, and consumer goods.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for 3D printing plastics.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being 3D Systems Inc., Arkema S.A., BASF SE, CRP Technology srl, EOS GmbH - Electro Optical Systems, Evonik Industries AG, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Materialise NV, Shenzhen Esun Industrial Co. Ltd., Solvay S.A., Stratasys Ltd., Toner Plastics, etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical Trends and Market Outlook, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- End User
||Photopolymers, ABS and ASA, Polyamide/Nylon, Polylactic Acid (PLA), Others
||Filament, Liquid/Ink, Powder
|End Users Covered
||Automotive, Healthcare, Aerospace and Defense, Consumer Goods
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||3D Systems Inc., Arkema S.A., BASF SE, CRP Technology srl, EOS GmbH - Electro Optical Systems, Evonik Industries AG, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Materialise NV, Shenzhen Esun Industrial Co. Ltd., Solvay S.A., Stratasys Ltd., Toner Plastics, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800