According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “3D Scanning Market: Global Industry, Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global 3D scanning market reached a value of US$ 6.2 Billion in 2022. Three-dimensional (3D) scanning refers to the process of analyzing a real-world object, person, or environment to collect data, convert the information into computer-aided design (CAD), and reproduce it as a 3D model. It is a non-destructive, non-contact technology that converts physical objects and environments using a line of laser light into precise digital models. It employs laser, light, or x-rays to record the dimensions of the subject and create point clouds, which are then used to generate a 3D model of the scanned object using the software. Apart from this, 3D scanning provides accurate measurements, enables data-driven decisions, and helps capture vast amounts of surface measurements quickly and efficiently.
Global 3D Scanning Market Trends:
Significant growth in the healthcare industry across the globe is creating a positive outlook for the market. 3D scanning is widely used by medical practitioners to measure different parameters of the body to diagnose health status and decide treatment while eliminating physical contact. In line with this, the widespread product utilization to produce medical devices, such as precise surgical blades, custom-made prosthetics, braces, wheelchairs, and implants, is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, various advancements in technology, such as the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) and the internet of things (IoT) that assist in producing ultra-sharp, clean, and detail-rich scans, are providing a thrust to the market growth. Moreover, the widespread product adoption in the education industry to enable students to experiment with disciplinary topics and serve a wide array of courses, such as architecture, engineering, history, and heritage preservation, is positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including the increasing penetration of next-generation virtual and augmented reality (VR/AR) solutions across the construction sector, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and the rising product demand in the manufacturing sectors to perform accurate designing and verification of products, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 10.5 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 8.55% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into hardware (optical scanners, structured light scanners, laser scanners and others) and software.
- Based on the range, the market has been classified into short, medium, and long range.
- Based on the application, the market has been divided into reverse engineering, rapid prototyping, quality control/inspection, face and body scanning, and others.
- On the basis of the end use industry, the market has been divided into aerospace and defense, automotive, healthcare, manufacturing, media and entertainment, architecture and construction, and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined in the report. Some of the key players include 3D Systems Inc., Artec 3D, Autodesk Inc., Creaform Inc. (AMETEK Inc.), CyberOptics Corporation, Faro Technologies Inc., Hexagon AB, Jenoptik AG, Nikon Corporation, Topcon Corporation, Trimble Inc and ZEISS Group.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Type, Range, Application, End Use Industry, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||3D Systems Inc., Artec 3D, Autodesk Inc., Creaform Inc. (AMETEK Inc.), CyberOptics Corporation, Faro Technologies Inc., Hexagon AB, Jenoptik AG, Nikon Corporation, Topcon Corporation, Trimble Inc and ZEISS Group
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800