According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “5G in Aviation Market by Communication Infrastructure (Small Cell, Distributed Antenna System (DAS), Radio Access Network (RAN)), Technology (Enhanced Mobile Broadband Segment (EMBB), Massive Machine Type Communication (MMTC), Ultra-Reliable Low-Latency Communication (URLLC), Fixed Wireless Access (FWA)), Connectivity Type (Ground-to-Ground Communication, Air-to-Ground Communication), End Use (Airport, Aircraft), and Region 2023-2028,” the global 5G in aviation market size reached US$ 0.72 Billion in 2022. 5G in aviation refers to implementing and utilizing fifth-generation (5G) wireless technology in the aviation industry. 5G is the latest generation of wireless networks that offer significantly faster data speeds, lower latency, increased capacity, and enhanced connectivity compared to its predecessors. In the aviation sector, 5G has the potential to revolutionize various aspects of operations, including providing reliable and high-speed wireless connectivity and enabling real-time data transmission and communication between aircraft and ground-based systems. This can facilitate advanced air traffic management systems, enabling more precise and efficient aircraft navigation and communication. Besides this, it can enhance in-flight passenger experiences by providing faster and more stable onboard Wi-Fi services, allowing passengers to stream high-quality content, access cloud-based applications, and stay connected during their flights.
Global 5G in Aviation Market Trends:
The widespread adoption of 5G technology to ensure seamless wireless connectivity between ground control rooms and flight crew, enhancing safety and providing a user-friendly experience represent the key factor driving the market growth. Moreover, the bolstering growth of the aviation industry and the expanding employment of 5G technology across medium and small-sized airports to optimize operations, minimize downtime, and reduce intervention in ground support equipment are propelling the market forward. In addition to this, the growing need to enhance connectivity for contactless solutions throughout various stages of air travel, including pre-flight, in-flight, and post-flight operations, streamline processes, and improve passenger experiences is acting as a significant growth-inducing factor. Concurrent with this, the increasing demand for better in-flight connectivity to allow video streaming, online interactions, and real-time flight updates is presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. Furthermore, the introduction of 5G-connected artificial intelligence (AI) systems that assist passengers in locating their bags by recognizing unique characteristics of bags and matching them to the correct passenger is strengthening the market growth. Besides this, ongoing technological advancements in the telecommunications sector, enabling high-speed networks and multi-device access, are creating a favorable outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 7.23 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 47.12% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the communication infrastructure, the market has been categorized into small cell, distributed antenna system (DAS), and radio access network (RAN). Among these, small cell dominates the market, holding the largest share.
- Based on technology, the market is segregated into enhanced mobile broadband segment (EMBB), massive machine type communication (MMTC), ultra-reliable low-latency communication (URLLC), and fixed wireless access (FWA). Among these, enhanced mobile broadband segment (EMBB) represent the largest market segment.
- On the basis of the connectivity type, the market has been bifurcated into ground-to-ground communication and air-to-ground communication. Between these, ground-to-ground communication holds the largest market share.
- Based on the end use, the market is divided into airport and aircraft. At present, aircraft is the biggest end-use segment.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa. Currently, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Cisco Systems, Inc., Gogo Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Intelsat Corporation, Nokia Corporation, Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Communication Infrastructures Covered
||Small Cell, Distributed Antenna System (DAS), Radio Access Network (RAN)
||Enhanced Mobile Broadband Segment (EMBB), Massive Machine Type Communication (MMTC), Ultra-Reliable Low-Latency Communication (URLLC), Fixed Wireless Access (FWA)
|Connectivity Types Covered
||Ground-to-Ground Communication, Air-to-Ground Communication
|End Uses Covered
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Cisco Systems, Inc., Gogo Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Intelsat Corporation, Nokia Corporation, Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800