The latest report by IMARC, titled “5G in Defense Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, finds that the global 5G in defense market size reached US$ 1,191.5 Million in 2022. 5G, or the fifth-generation wireless, is the latest iteration of cellular technology, designed to exponentially increase the speed and responsiveness of wireless networks. It consists of various networks, such as massive machine type communication (MMTC), enhanced mobile broadband (eMBB), and ultra-reliable low-latency communications (URLLC). The employment of 5G networks in the defense sector has advanced the surveillance, intelligence, and reconnaissance (ISR) systems and processing, developed new methods of command and control (C2), and modernized logistics operations for improved efficiency. It also aids in the faster transmission of videos and photos to achieve real-time battlefield results. 5G in the defense sector has gained momentum as it offers improved network capacity, ultra-low latency, uniform user experience, increased reliability, and high-speed data.
Global 5G in Defense Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the increasing utilization of the 5G network in radars to detect and track numerous targets, and the rising number of cross-border and territorial conflicts. 5G network is adopted to provide enemy infantry and real-time operation information in dangerous, inconvenient, and remote areas. In addition, the rapid growth in the defense infrastructure and widespread adoption of autonomous defense vehicles and robots in the defense sector is contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, 5G services are significantly being adopted in augmented reality (AR) to efficiently maintain vehicles, gadgets, and equipment to train military personnel, which is creating a positive market outlook. Besides this, numerous technological upgrades, including the integration of the Internet of Things (IoT), which assists in the communication between multiple sensors and connected devices and facilitates high-speed data connectivity, are propelling the market growth. Apart from this, governments of various nations are taking initiatives to support 5G technology to provide reliable, secure, and agile safety to their civilians. On account of these factors, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 12,395.3 Million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 42.19% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the communication infrastructure, the market has been divided into small cell, macro cell, and radio access network (RAN).
- On the basis of core network technology, the market has been segmented into software-defined networking (SDN), fog computing (FC), mobile edge computing (MEC), and network functions virtualization (NFV).
- Based on the network type, the market has been categorized into enhanced mobile broadband (EMBB), ultra-reliable low-latency communications (URLLC), and massive machine type communications (MMTC).
- On the basis of the chipset, the market has been segregated into application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC), radio frequency integrated circuit (RFIC), and millimeter wave (mmWave) chipset.
- Based on the platform, the market has been divided into land, naval, and airborne.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Cisco Systems Inc., L3harris Technologies Inc., Ligado Networks, Nokia Corporation, Nvidia Corporation, Qualcomm Incorporated, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Sierra Wireless Inc., Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, Thales Group, and Wind River Systems Inc. (Intel Corporation).
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Communication Infrastructure, Core Network Technology, Network Type, Chipset, Platform, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Cisco Systems Inc., L3harris Technologies Inc., Ligado Networks, Nokia Corporation, Nvidia Corporation, Qualcomm Incorporated, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, Sierra Wireless Inc, Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, Thales Group and Wind River Systems Inc. (Intel Corporation).
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800